MLS

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Good Morning All

Sorry to those who feel they have had bad experience with our product. As we have said before we are not without our faults but we do endeavour to go the extra mile to make sure we achieve customer satisfaction. The Först brand has come a hugely long way in 4 years and we are constantly improving in every area of the company to be even better!

The brand success can be seen in the exceptional numbers now working across the UK and Europe, we will absolutely not waiver from our vision statement which reads ‘To become the industries preferred choice of Arboricultural machinery’ and we have the team and grit to make this a reality!

Our continued success is in developing and building the best machinery for the industry and we will continue to do this! We will do what we need to do to satisfy those who have issues and will also add that we have a huge amount of very satisfied customers out there working Först product hard every day. Unfortunately for us good news doesn't travel as fast as negative but we can assure you that those with positive experience far far outweigh those with negative!

Thanks again to all of our customers and we welcome everyone to come and meet us at the Arbshow on th 12th and 13th May. We look forward to seeing you all!

I agree with the above and have just had a second warranty call out to my Forst machine this time for a sheared bolt (first was an air leak on the diesel filter at less than 20 hour old). I made the call to Redwood around 3pm on Tuesday and the engineer was with me with new parts before 11am the following day.

I would honestly much rather have a machine with a couple of issues and a perfect backup than see one fault in 3 years of operation and have a nightmare either getting spare parts or a refusal to honour a warranty meaning many days off the road.

I've run timberwolf, greenmech and now Forst over the last 8 years. Had problems with the support for the TW which meant days off the job for issues. The GM had a loom fire at 5 months old however within 18 hour I had been given a loan machine (delivered to my door) and mine went back to the factory for a full rewire at no cost to me. Other minor issues within my 3 years of ownership were met with a perfect response and quick supply of parts or advice.

I buy new machines, run them for 3 years until the warranty is out then sell them. A warranty is like insurance, you get good or cheap but rarely both and without it you could be screwed. With the chipper on Wednesday we lost no work due to the next day turn around. Lose 2 or 3 days due to no chipper and you can be £1-1.5k down, suddenly that cheap used chipper becomes expensive.

I don't think the M8D would be viewed as being made within weight constraints.. There aren't many of them around here but the second hand one which have popped up have all been 3000 hours plus, which I personally think is a fair whack for a small chipper

Sent from my SM-G930F using Arbtalk mobile app

It's nearly 5 meters long, anyway I don't really want to get into bashing them, I've never had one and prolly never will.

There's already a bit too much brand bashing on this thread from peeps who've never had the machines

Good luck to them.

That's a fair enough comment. Not everyone wants to or can afford to buy a new chipper every 3 years and companies should really make equipment that lasts.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Arbtalk mobile app

If you spent (or financed / leased) £18k on a chipper and lost half the value in 3 years thats £9k or £3k a year, or £250 a month, or just over a tenner per working day. If you can't afford a tenner a day for a key work tool then look at your pricing and see if you are one of the people devaluing the industry.

That comment is not directed toward Fredward or anyone specifically. I just get peed off with the shear number of people who see the top line job price and feel they could go self employed and do it for £100 less out the back of an astra with a barely towable chipper and have more cash than there employed mate. This vicious circle then means said self employed person is working hand to mouth and makes no allowance for replacing kit thus fueling the domestic race to the bottom. Rant over - sorry.