Forst TR6 dead again!

MLS

I don't think really think you've understood the point I was trying to make.

To explain in simple terms.

A new(ish) company develop a machine, but due to presumed lack of R & D have some issues - Which they have acknowledged.

Petzl, a very large, multinational and long established company which I presume undertake masses of R & D (Internally probably) release the Zigzag

My point is that even large multi-nationals are sometimes lacking in getting it right first time.

I'd ask if you honestly believe that Forst should simply replace every machine with a new one, but I have better things to do than continue this debate with you.

See ya!

Thing is I don't think Forst spent anything on R&D, they simply badly copied a product they used to sell. I would not buy one personally.

Sending out bearings to customers to replace substandard bearing fitted to expense machines is simply not good enough, IMO.

Could you imagine a car manufacture sending out car parts for the customer to fit or have fitted, rather than recalling cars to their dealers?

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thing is I don't think Forst spent anything on R&D, they simply badly copied a product they used to sell. I would not buy one personally.

Sending out bearings to customers to replace substandard bearing fitted to expense machines is simply not good enough, IMO.

Could you imagine a car manufacture sending out car parts for the customer to fit or have fitted, rather than recalling cars to their dealers?

Never used a forst but everything i've seen of them looks identical to my chipper under the bonnet. The only thing that looks different is the roller setup, and apparently that's flawed so it gets full of crap and needs a bar that comes with the machine to open it up and clean it out? I watched a promo vid for saturn knives earlier and they demonstrate how they sharpen blades. I thought it was jensen blades until spotted the forst logo?? I'd bet they are interchangable

:confused1: Is this a joke??:confused1:

Saws, chippers etc, are in real terms cheaper than they have ever been.

Sorry Dave, I was referring to the general cost of everything in our society. But if a generalisation but costs/pace/stress/consequences are generally higher than they were in 'the good old days'.

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

what was up wi yrs

The axle bent, they said it was my fault as bent axles were unheard of. I coughed up £800 before they would send a new one out.

Some months later I learnt off my learned friends on here that it was / is a known fault and many were later changed under warranty.

Had my new TW 230 a year now and has been faultless :)

The axle bent, they said it was my fault as bent axles were unheard of. I coughed up £800 before they would send a new one out.

Some months later I learnt off my learned friends on here that it was / is a known fault and many were later changed under warranty.

Had my new TW 230 a year now and has been faultless :)

The 230 are awfully good chippers..i do like mine.breaks forks bettef thab the A540.

I was laughed at by my local forst dealer for not buying a new tr8 because I told him I had herd of faults with forst , vermeer , Schliesing or bandit are made to better standards

Those others are not really in the same price bracket though are they? How much is an 8" shliesing or Vermeer?

Hi Tom. The Morbark M8D is heavier built but the price may reflect that. Basic 8" machine comes in at £26,000 delivered. I had a man visit me at the Morbark stand and told me he was still using his 1975 8" chipper. My email is [email protected] and my phone is 07721612485 if you want to get in touch [emoji1360]

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

You are right tom , they are a little more expensive .. But I think this topic speaks for it's self .. An 8" Schliesing will cost you about 7k more than the st8 . It's mounted on a full galv chassis , made out of real gauge steel , has mudguards you can stand on and holds value very well

£7k on an 18k machine is a HUGE difference. I'd be expecting a lot for that extra money.

The ST8 is the best 8" chipper I have used.

the other chippers in the Forst price range have their issues too. I know a hire company who's timberwolf 230's chassis started cracking up, and that's a big issue. With the forsts the issues have been with components that Forst don't make, and parts that are easily changed.