Forst TR6 dead again!

MLS

thats not stricly true, if theres no grease they will run dry ,ware and oserlate in the carrage ,leading to premture failure.how ever it happens

I think what Tom meant was the original cast bearings were greased adequately there fore it was not down to lack of grease . I could be wrong though ......:001_smile:

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I was thinking the same and really like the product but am slightly concerned they never recalled the machines in the first place. Bits of broken up bearing cases getting into the works could get dangerously ugly.

Bob

Yes. Most vehicles get recalls for safety products and all sorts.

Shame said machines were not recalled. Even if bearing were sent out why should the customer whom bought a 30k inc vat chipper have to pay to have them fitted?

This issue has been hovering for a while and on 2 seperate occasions on buying another chipper stopped me from buying this brand.

Shame as ive alsway had good service with redwood on the jensens. A good dealer is important to me and why at some point i will be moving away from jensen machines.

Thought better update my OP. When I took my machine for repair told fitters what had happened and it was out of warranty, so for them to check everything out, order what ever bits needed and get on with repair as I would be paying! Then spoke again to Ross who said following, not a maintenance/grease issue in his experience it is when the blades hit something heavy eg a rail spike as he has repaired many that have been abused on track clearance work. All the energy in the flywheel has to go somewhere and the bearings are more or less next in line. I was wrong to say the bearing had failed when it was the bearing casing. The other possibility is if a chunk of metal from the machine somehow became dislodged and hit the blades.

I also sent an email to Redwoods telling what had happened, that I expected nothing from them as the machine was out of warranty, and that I was disappointed given the low hours. To Redwoods credit they phoned me on Wednesday jist of conversation blades looked blunt with wrong securing bolts as Redwoods had changed the type 2 years ago, lower feed roller shows signs of having "chewed gravel" they have seen bearing issues with machines 800/900hrs that have been worked hard, however they stand by their product/brand pride themselves in after sales customer service and want customers to remain loyal so are going to help me out with the repairs.

I expressed my surprise and thanks as they are the only manufacturer/dealer who has offered to help when a machine of mine has been out of warranty so well done Redwoods.

when these machine break, does it ever cross anyone's mind that some bozo just wanted an early finish and threw a lump of metal in there?..

I'm thinking along the lines of those who work on railways in particular.. I've known loads of people who work the lines.. a lot of em ain't fit to travel on a train, never mind be charged with fixing a rail line up..

when these machine break, does it ever cross anyone's mind that some bozo just wanted an early finish and threw a lump of metal in there?..

I'm thinking along the lines of those who work on railways in particular.. I've known loads of people who work the lines.. a lot of em ain't fit to travel on a train, never mind be charged with fixing a rail line up..

I reckon stuff like this happens a lot. Someone from our local council did it a fee yeats ago. First thing in the morning sent a crow bar through a timberwolf 150.

Sent from my HTC One using Arbtalk mobile app

I reckon stuff like this happens a lot. Someone from our local council did it a fee yeats ago. First thing in the morning sent a crow bar through a timberwolf 150.

Sent from my HTC One using Arbtalk mobile app

Doesn't surprise me in the least, I recon local authorities and railways attract the same sort of workforce.. leastways when it comes to the lower end of the labour force..

If I owned a £20.000 chipper, ain't no one going near it unless I knew exactly what sort of person I was dealing with...

I mean, I wouldn't let any old knobrock drive my truck, and thats not worth a quarter the value of a good chipper...

It seems to happen a lot on a Friday afternoon.....:001_smile:

groudies run the roller speed up high with heavy bits oosh broke tr6,,tr8 is the boy

St8 brake the bottom motor mount and coupling, also one of the bottom bearings is actually a brass bush that is shagged at 250 hrs so it's not all good, mine has done all 3 in the space of 2 months!

Sent from my SM-N910F using Arbtalk mobile app