Advice sought for new Arb business.

Macaulay

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you considered the conflict of interest angle?

I can see plenty of scope for contractors to get rubbed up the wrong way and terms like gamekeeper turned poacher or conflict of interest drifting about.

Make sure your employer know about it or you could be buying a van and a huge headache at the same time.

This was a concern for me. I spoke to HR and they advised that it shouldn't be a problem as I will be working in Hertfordshire and operating my business in Bedfordshire. I have told them from the outset this was my plan.

Security for one, nothing more than a pane of safety glass between the scotes and your kit. Ditch a seat or 2 and get a security box fitted. The price of security is eternal vigilance

Good point I will look at single cabs as well. What are your thoughts on the cage.

This was a concern for me. I spoke to HR and they advised that it shouldn't be a problem as I will be working in Hertfordshire and operating my business in Bedfordshire. I have told them from the outset this was my plan.

Good move, its not going to stop some thinking you are all colluding at the NATO National Association of Tree Officers meeting but that's the nature of the beast.

Looks too high, you won't be able to fill it up or you'll be doing wheelies.

Nice truck though, you could cut it down a bit or just not fill it up to the top.

I did wonder how much all that metal in the cage weighed. Thought it would be a good option until I could afford a purpose built Arb body. Or I could do with out and use greedy boards for a while.

It's not the weight of the cage it's the capacity, it looks great just too high.

I would certainly not take it off, just cut the top off,and shorten the roof section and re weld it back on.

You'll be overweight most of the time anyway.

Yea sorry I knew what u meant, just wondered about that also. I may not go for that one now because it may be more to insure with the double cab and if I don't use it to store tools it would be wasted space. It is a nice van with only 40k miles on it so a bit of a shame.