"Disclaimers?"

Mike Hill

Treebogan.

Many of the small business owners in the UK send a written quotation for the work. That is the price and the specification of the work. It is a document that may be accepted as a contract in UK law. Norwegian laws may be different. It takes a few days longer to send the quote but it also means the client cannot ask for more work at the same price if the work is done to the required standards.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote

But as far as this thread is concerned..... the best way (IMO) to avoid conflict is to ensure someone will be at the property when the work is carried out.....And you get cups of fresh tea.

No Tea offered - I put an extra £10 on bill

Tea in dirty cups - extra £15

My friend a corgi plumber charges double the above rates.

I take a trangia stove and have a kettle on the boil if no owner about. I have also have a compact stove that runs on wood chips and boils a kettle ok

But as far as this thread is concerned..... the best way (IMO) to avoid conflict is to ensure someone will be at the property when the work is carried out.....And you get cups of fresh tea.

That is always the best way to avoid trouble and guarantee delighted customers.

`the original request was "just make it look nice".`

This should be ringing bells, surely ?

That is always the best way to avoid trouble and guarantee delighted customers.

`the original request was "just make it look nice".`

This should be ringing bells, surely ?

Yes you are right,I don't usually do the quotes.The problem was lack of light but a desire to retain a screen from some waste ground.30% was the maximum I would do,she wanted it topped.I said I'd fell it for the same price as a reduction, as the Tree was shagged.

So she said "just make it look nice"

And it does,except to her.

Not the first time,won't be the last.

I had one last week where they hadn't made us a drink all day and the cheeky b@stard came out talking to us with a freshly made mug of tea.

Round these part there seems to be a direct correlation between the earnings of the client and the lack of tea or beverages on offer. The higher they earn the less you will be offered, especially on warm days... it seems some people are oblivious to a happy arborists needs...:biggerGrin: T

Todays job was for my accountant.

He made me 6 cups of coffee, but there again, I still owe him £550. :wave:

Could be where i am going wrong... never done arb work in the north even though that is where the roots are. Probably a London thing... this is just a general observation, there must be some exceptions. :cheers:

I think its a cultural thing. Always had tea offered in the UK.

Sweden was very poor, maybe once a week.

Denmark was very friendly, much like the UK.

Germany was quite good, often get offered tea / coffee by the contract manager if he was around.

Australia was the worst. the only time we ever got offered a drink was from british expats.