Conifer Removal

AWarb00

Yeah humbolt upside down gob,try it on the small stuff to practice as its not always good on taking off big tops as it pushs on the stem hard as it falls over and can result in a rodeo derby for the climber-ie you get shaken about a lot.Time and experience will get you to where you want too be mate.

Oh forgot too say earlier Welcome to the forum

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah humbolt upside down gob,try it on the small stuff to practice as its not always good on taking off big tops as it pushs on the stem hard as it falls over and can result in a rodeo derby for the climber-ie you get shaken about a lot.Time and experience will get you to where you want too be mate.

Oh forgot too say earlier Welcome to the forum

Ahh got you! ill try it out with some bits on the ground first, then test it out up the tree. Thanks for the tip!

on that second tree in part 3 when i put the gopro on the top i knocked off it shook like crazy, but you cant really see it from the gopro, but it was certainly a roller coaster ride up there!!:biggrin::biggrin:

Thanks

Good work, not that I like criticising though as to be honest I see a lot of bad work on social media, and also having filmed myself I even criticise what I do... but letting pieces fall or pushing them off whilst your saw is in the cut is a bad idea and shouldn't be done where possible, again another serious accident happened recently when a climber had his saw trapped in the kerf and it wrenched him off his spikes breaking his leg.

he does have one, he just wansnt wearing it for that last bit at the end of the day!:001_smile:

Sorry about this but you asked, as said before groundie no helmet ear protection or gloves 4/5 people including guy holding rope not a helmet in sight(may have been one on ground near guy with rope) you say it was on a building site? Who was running the job ? As there is something else that stands out to me besides helmets gloves and ear protection there is no hi viz vestsor jackets on site! The guy on the rope has a white husky t shirt on that's cool but not worth a sh t if he gets hit, you need to pay not a bit but a lot more attention to your guys ppe helmets gloves ear muffs and hi viz are not expensive and its up to you to make sure it is worn, if I catch my lads with out it I tell them get it on and keep it on till you leave site I give em all 3 verbal then tell em if you don't want to wear ppe look for another job.

Thanks guys! All advice great fully received and taken in!:001_smile:

It's helpful to know these things for future!

Criticism is constructive, I always look at others and think what the hell are you doing, then look at myself and those I work with and notice we are not perfect either.

Another thing I noticed barring the obvious already stated by others is you put your sap wood cuts below your back cut, again when in the tree make them above, if the piece goes early it can leave a little step that may catch the saw in the kerf.