cheap chainsaw

Tidal wave

I'm new to this forum so hello all .I have a Husquavana chainsaw which is going to be out of action for a couple of weeks due to repair,I have a large pile of logs in the garden that need cutting ready for splitting.There is a saw on eBay for £39.99 probably not a very good saw but if it could do my logs will be worth it and could keep it as a spare or sell it on.The item number is 112350814986 most of the same saws ere twice this price do you think it is genuine or a scam thanks.

in my opinion you get what you pay for,if you go into the pound shop and buy a pair of pliers they may last for years,they might break the first time you use them,same as a cheap saw/strimmer/drill or whatever, can you not wait a couple of weeks to get your saw back from repair ? but if you have a spare £40 then why not, might be a good bit of kit, might be shite :thumbup1:

I think Aldi or Lidl are doing cheapy saws this week. 3 year warranty so worth keeping as a spare if you need one. :001_smile:

Well worth a look. I could be wrong but arent they based on an old husky design?

I think Aldi or Lidl are doing cheapy saws this week. 3 year warranty so worth keeping as a spare if you need one. :001_smile:

Sent from my SM-G361F using Arbtalk mobile app

If you have access to a mains socket, there's no way that an electric saw isn't going to provide far, far more torque than a £50 petrol saw.

My ancient, super-cheap B&Q 2000W saw has cut through all sizes of timber (and pallets, and doors, and sleepers etc etc) with no complaints at all.

I've a 2000w husky 320 electric saw, it came with an 18" bar which is misleading to saw the least. An ms170 is significantly more powerful than it. Not really impressed and only use it in workshop if I really can't be arsed to start a petrol saw. Saying that you could theoretically cut firewood with it if you keep it stinging sharp and have the patience of a saint.

Sent from my C6603 using Arbtalk mobile app