Problem starting stihl 075

Hunter

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not being rude, what is your previous saw experience?

No no problem, by all means I am not expert.

I had an old husky long time ago, small one and not sure about the model, then I had mcculloch chainsaw 40 cc which I have used for 5 years and still keep it, and recently bought Makita 50cc DCS 5121.

I did not own but just tried starting 056 recently.

So I have limited experience but this saw is different.:sad::sad:

Without taking the saw a part, is there any other alternative start

Procedure

Have you tried taking the plug out and pre-heating it with a hot air gun (or blowtorch if you are careful not to get it too hot) and then sticking it straight in and starting?

Alec

Pull gently until resistance, then pull like mental and don't stop. Might need 3-8 good HARD pulls to run.

Get a decompression valve, but it is an arm ripper of a saw.

Obviously you've tried a new spark plug and taken the air filter off?

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

Have you tried taking the plug out and pre-heating it with a hot air gun (or blowtorch if you are careful not to get it too hot) and then sticking it straight in and starting?

Alec

Just tried this. No luck and flooded again. Started to hate this saw:001_rolleyes:

How cheap was it? Where from? Have you fiddled with carb settings or anything else?

Don't fret, it will work eventually!

Bought it on ebay, just under £300, looks clean, seller has over 1000 positive feedback with no single negative one, I have contacted seller prior to buy and he said it is in excellent working order.

I didn't fiddle with anything and prefer to return if it doesn't work.

Might be worth spending a few quid on a new plug and make sure the gap is set correctly before you fit it ( sure somebody on here will know correct gap)

Also remember being told a long time ago to scrape the point of a pencil onto the end of a plug if it was a poor starter, I presume something to do with the carbon igniting from the spark.