Cant help on the softwoods but if we start from the bottom right (the dark softwood) the 4th up looks like beech and the 9th up looks like maple. If pushed on the softwoods would say 2 and 6 are larch but would not bet any money on it.

Thanks Woodworks...I will have to take some better pics of the other woods that are there...to the untrained eye(mine) it looks like at least 10 different types.I used to think all pallets were pine but I have few peices that look so amongst the hundreds used.

Most Oak pallets I get I use/save for ornimental 1 piece works.

Cool as f##k looks ace , but its a bloody ball ach cutting sanding loads of pallets we did a shop fit for a mate who opened an off licence all done with pallet wood , a shevron counter top , spirit cupboards , beer shelfs,etc but it closed down after 6 months and all our work went in the skip, didnt find out till it was too late, will try and find some pics, nice job bet you are chuffed

Cheers Mark

Thanks for the comments guys ..."Take it you had the pallets good and dry? "

Its not easy getting dry pallets but luckerly a company near me throws low moisture content pallets away daily ,so as long as its not raining or your quick,its good to use.I still always bring them indoors to a heated room a week or 2 before using.Also the use of the pallets is for dry products so they are always inside before I get them.

I am very impressed, cracking job.

Gives an element of comedy value to the mud kitchen unit I made 3 weeks ago for the local kids nursery out of 4 pallets.

Yours is in the Premier league mine is in the Sunday pub league.

I will try and find a pic for a laugh.

Found it

image.jpg.ec55649b914fee0e6c9d3a76b47702b1.jpg

Edited by roys

once you've made enough money from the first few, a table sander with DRO thickness control will be your best friend. I used to make flooring and that machine was an absolute godsend. Obviously a planer/thicknesser would be great too. Superb work by the way. The arrangement of timber in the piece is unique and very attractive. All the best with forthcoming pieces!

I like it mate.

Funnily enough I mentioned a similar idea to my Mrs & got a very "sceptical" look...

I never considered pallets, I was just gonna buy timber from the yard I get my fencing timber from.

The idea appeals to me as it's so bespoke to the space you have.

I like the glued/screwed approach, I was thinking more the "Sunday League" route too 😄 but feel well inspired now!

Just got to get the garage built 1st 😲😁

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

I am very impressed, cracking job.

Gives an element of comedy value to the mud kitchen unit I made 3 weeks ago for the local kids nursery out of 4 pallets.

Yours is in the Premier league mine is in the Sunday pub league.

I will try and find a pic for a laugh.

Found it��

Thanks roys...and yours is a good job too,does the job , in fact I will near on copy that pallet bench of yours for a shed bench I need to house my grinding wheel I got for last christmas.Thanks for sharing your work :thumbup: