200 is a lot of pallets to store & denail!

I got a local pallet yard who I normally raid for kindling & bonfires when we go offroading. They stack a load of broken/damaged slats on a pallet which may be easier to sift thru for materials.

I think the Mrs has come around to risking having my "handiwork" in the kitchen... 😁

Best thing is you can do a little section/units at a time, so she may say "Oi! Thats nothing like the photos you showed me" & you may get a call 😄😄😄

You definitely an inspiration!

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Love it. Having denailed a half dozen pallets to make a 3 metre footbridge I salute your patience.:001_cool:

Thanks for the feedback...Im not sure about the hinges myself, I suppose thats the one thing I copied from on-line pictures of farmhouse style furniture,maybe I should have done my own idea of hidden hinges and wooden handles.
It's never too late! The hinges don't do credit to the rest of your creation imo, but you were on a budget and probably got the ironmongery for not much over a tenner. Some nice brushed nickel would look a bit more modern and less contrasty perhaps?

How are you waterproofing it? If you've used regular white PVA it won't take well to any water penetration. Epoxy is expensive but works well for laminating, you can even lay it up on the surface to make a very durable and waterproof surface.

Looks great, keep the pics coming.:thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi guys ,Im so sorry for not replying to the reply's and all,all feedback was much appreciated...I am the original poster woodlover,forgot my password and have recently got myself a facebook page so logged in that way as its easy,an created this profile.

Long story short...Doc said I cant even make pallet kitchens ,spine in knackered ,I am gutted,been waiting months for diagnosis ect...so project is on hold ,will be completed one day soon and I will post finished pics here.

I hope someone has been inspired to have a go themselves,please post your pics if you have.

• 2 weeks later...