Tyres

Tom D

I was offered 'new take off' Agribibs pretty cheap but was told by a couple of people that they have really thin sidewalls. I ended up spending a world of money on some wide (620 I think) crossplys but they are a nightmare for flat spotting (even overnight) and road work is eating them really fast.

I've never written one off. Had a lot of punctures in them over the years worst one was an inch wide bit of larch in they tread. Patched it up and it was fine.

Like i said i've done road work estate forestry and farming on them. Actually chose them on my current valtra.

Just checked, mine are Alliance A360 Forestry, 600 on the back 480 on the front. The bar grips are wearing fast on the road but they are running at 50k usually loaded. The flat spotting when cold is strange - the tractor shakes around until they warm up a bit but then is fine at all speeds. They weren't cheap, but are incredibly tough. I've had no punctures or damage at all, even when mulching. Bits of wire etc still sticks in them if you mulch old fences but they just seem to shrug it off. They were a bitch to fit - had to have tubes to stretch them onto the rims (they aren't particularly wide rims either).

I was offered 'new take off' Agribibs pretty cheap but was told by a couple of people that they have really thin sidewalls. I ended up spending a world of money on some wide (620 I think) crossplys but they are a nightmare for flat spotting (even overnight) and road work is eating them really fast.

Fitted cross plys to my zetor and flat spotting is a big problem, to the point where if you go on the road first thing it's limited to about 15 mph for the first 5 mins, even worse if you've got something on the rear link arms as it swings like a pendulum

My tyres are cheap malhorras, so that could be part of the problem.