New Ford Transit 350 2.0

Wolfie

The local Ford dealer has had a "Promotional weekend".

I test drove a new Transit 350 2.0 which they are trying to sell me.

Nice van but I seem to be limited to a 2.0 130ps adblue engine (the brochure doesn't even list details of the 2.2 engines anymore).

I'm not sure that it'll be man enough for tree work despite what the salesman says.

I was thinking of switching from transits due to the mk8's heavy chassis weight - i reckon a new transit one stop tipper converted to an arb body carrying two men and tools will leave me with a legal payload of around 500kg, but switching to something like a Grafter/Cabstar will probably only increase that by 150kg.

I'm resigned to the fact that i'll have to run overloaded until I can get some crew trained to CatC but any opinions on new transits would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Ed

Sent from my iPad using Arbtalk

Theyre dropping them to 2.0ltr? For a drw tipper? Wow.

I plan on keeping my transit for a while longer. Then its either a 5-7.5t truck and do license or a unimog. Would prefer the wagon though as dislike unimogs

I was even considering getting the Transit 470 and down plating it until I get my C licence but even those only seem to have 2.0 engines!

Sent from my iPad using Arbtalk

get the newer renault master rear twin wheel drive 150 bhp 2.3 diesel 3 ton towing capacity and have a standard tipper pay load of 1400kg i was told by a salesman but dindt get a test drive as they only has single rear wheels at the dealership