Just Unlucky ?

LogDesperate

And the fish! Pollock sold as Cod, Haddock cheaper per kWh, it's absolutely disgraceful. Atleast when you buy cheap and nasty meat from a supermarket, each packet weights precisely 500 grams. If Tesco can take a natural living product, add some water and meet a weight spec, what are these heinous firewood merchants playing at?!

You don't like doing logs do you TCD :001_tongue:

I like the challenge of supplying particular customers, mind you there are couple I could live without :biggrin:

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Slightly wild idea......but the op could buy cheap unseasoned logs and season themselves

Burn them when he thinks they are fully seasoned.

This takes organisation though, so probably won't work..........

Crazy idea I know, sorry for my extreme thoughts

Yes thats fine, but the OP has been buying and paying for seasoned.

When you go to a restaurant you expect the food to be cooked and cooked well, if you found it was under cooked how would you feel if the manager suggested you stopped moaning and cooked it yourself? If you want uncooked you go to a shop, not a restaurant.

The comments on this thread really do show there is a real issue with the attitude of many log suppliers, IMO.

Hate it when people put forward common sense suggestions

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

Thing is Steve very few customers have the space for just that years logs let alone having the next years ones drying as well. But a cube or two when you need it is just convenient for the majority. Shame the OP could not find a single UK supplier to suit there needs.

You don't like doing logs do you TCD :001_tongue:

I like the challenge of supplying particular customers, mind you there are couple I could live without :biggrin:

When you go to a restaurant you expect the food to be cooked and cooked well, if you found it was under cooked how would you feel if the manager suggested you stopped moaning and cooked it yourself? If you want uncooked you go to a shop, not a restaurant.

The comments on this thread really do show there is a real issue with the attitude of many log suppliers, IMO.

Yup, expect it cooked but what would you do if it wasn't?

Same with logs.

If I spent 20 years being disappointed by restaurants yes i would go to a shop and cook myself, I would take responsibility

Perhaps the vast range in log prices is reflective of quality variances.

Not saying the most expensive logs are best always, economy's of scale etc.

But our logs are £150 a cube because below that we can't make a decent return after harvesting transport storage etc.

Yup, expect it cooked but what would you do if it wasn't?

Same with logs.

If I spent 20 years being disappointed by restaurants yes i would go to a shop and cook myself, I would take responsibility

What if you did not have space for a cooker?

Anyway he has now found a good supplier, the very supplier that many of those who are dismissing his complaints are always bitching about :laugh1::biggrin:

The carrots were 1.2mm too long tho and the​ gravy was too high a viscosity. Al denté was not on the menu.

Blimey, this has gone too far!! :001_smile:

Let the OP buy kiln dried, good luck to the bloke.

You'll always get a few customers who want more than you can give, that's called consumer choice.

20 years though, flippen eck, he should of sussed it by now. Kiln dried has been around a long time now.

I'm sure there will be something else to complain about, burns too quick.....:001_tt2: