Just Unlucky ?

LogDesperate

Ok I look forward to reading how you got on after you order from a local arbtalker. Hopefully it will be a positive long term experience for both. 👍🏻

Don't you think it may perhaps be a little naive to think that all the log suppliers that come on here are actually good?

As far as I'm aware, only mr Bolam has admitted to ever supplying crap logs, and given the amount of log selling members vs the average experience from buyers there must be a fair few crap ones here too?

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't you think it may perhaps be a little naive to think that all the log suppliers that come on here are actually good?

As far as I'm aware, only mr Bolam has admitted to ever supplying crap logs, and given the amount of log selling members vs the average experience from buyers there must be a fair few crap ones here too?

Agreed!!

And I Mark pointed out, how often we read post from people processing and delivering the same day, from the magical "seasoned cord":sneaky2:

Big difference in my opinion between log supplier and a firewood merchant

Open to interpretation I suppose

Really? Interpretation?

LoL

I thought principle is the same . You have goods , money changes hands , goods are SOLD

You can call yourself , merchant , supplier , dealer , seller , flogger or whatever else.

Principle is the same , and same ethics should apply , if you have pride in the work you do or products you sell.

Back on volumes.

Do you think many customers want to know the stacked volume? We have if it on our website but not prominently. Started off selling by stacked volume and after being lambasted on here switched to lose volume as that seemed to be the industry norm.

Woodworks , just looked at your website .

OMG™ !

Look at them beauties , that’s what I call logs

I might move to Devon , can I come and live in your barn ? :001_tongue:

Essex boys and girls , post your log business websites or pictures please !

( And Hertfordshire ! ) :biggrin:

How about this for an idea TK.

You tell people roughly where you are <insert nearest town here> so some one can give you a price or even a sample of their logs.

Really? Interpretation?

LoL

I thought principle is the same . You have goods , money changes hands , goods are SOLD

You can call yourself , merchant , supplier , dealer , seller , flogger or whatever else.

Principle is the same , and same ethics should apply , if you have pride in the work you do or products you sell.

Principle and ethics should be the same but clearly not.

But yes indeed just words calling yourself any or all of the above.

Just trying to make myself sounds more important I guess

Not working though LOL

Maybe I should explain.....

My interpretation of a firewood merchant is someone who primary income is from the sale of firewood vs a log seller who's primary income is from another source example tree surgeon

So yes same thing at the end of the day the outcome being firewood for sale and both should have the same principles etc etc

Iam not surprised that ones product is superior to the other as the surgeon isn't solely relying of the sale of the logs to survive

Generally there is a price difference and for that reason the merchant has bigger overheads in supplying a better product

I don't agree with the cowboys offering inferior products but its just life in my opinion

If all you can source is wet inferior logs as I said previously you should take control plan ahead and take control seasoning yourself

You have found kd imports which is not a new or emerging trade by the way its been around for at least the last 10 years and if that ticks all your boxes great