Just Unlucky ?

LogDesperate

Did you phone and complain?

No , I did not.

My blood pressure is more important to me than few scaffold plank " logs "

If the whole load was like that of course , that is another story.

However , suffice to say he did not get my business again.

Besides , I could just picture how that complaint phone call would have gone.

Me ..

" Hello Mr Log Supplier , I have found some Scaffold Tower Plank Logs in with me load , are they supposed to be in there or accidentally fell in to the bag while you were travelling near a building site perhaps ? "

Him ..

" Well , ya did not ask , I did not feel the need to tell you , they are good hardwood , will burn great mate , goodbye "

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TK, stick around.

This is the best thread in ages.

Daniel Bos you owe me a mouthful of tea to replace the one I spat out when I read the last line of your last comment!

I've supplied unseasoned logs in the past due to my own ignorance.

3 year old yard stacked roundwood must be seasoned, right?

Wrong.

Buy a moisture meter.

The volume thing is trickier.

2.5m3 'loose stacked' (thrown into the Transit bed) is about as accurate as I can be, but that will still vary on stacked volume because of a non-uniform product.

I'm not a firewood supplier, I now do logs for myself, a few customers who reorder every year, and mates who will pay going rates.

There will always be beer money boys supplying shite, I was one of them!

'Getting the wood for free'? My truck and diesel isn't free, nor is time and labour. I always give a lower price for leaving all cord on site, whatever species. It's wet cord, not platinum!

Always good to see both sides of the coin TK, and you've raised up a storm of a debate, with some cracking points.

Most I think are valid, some not so.

I think on the strength of it if you stick around you'll find a reputable supplier who will fit the bill, and you'll stick with them.

Until you see a '£50 a load' Vistaprint card in your local chippy....[emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

Could alway buy wood and cut/split your own logs, after the logs I was buying going down in quality & volume I decided to buy wood from a local tree guy and split my own.

I pay more for the arb waste than most seem to on here but I'm still saving on cost of split logs.

Essex John ideal son it's the only way I ve heard.

No need to think it's delicate we ve not got a log delta force on standby so I reckon your safe...... I think anyway. Who knows these things are a need to know basis and I guess I don't need to know maybe.

Anyway I was a little confused as you started by saying your were buying abroad but now say you haven't exhausted all local avenues.

Anyway nasty old business all of this.

Hopefully you ll get plenty of offers from lads doing a decent product in your neck of the woods now. let us know how you go mate. I can't imagine you ll ever see a crap log again in your life after this lol.

Great post btw in particular I like the role play exerts of potential phone calls genius.

No , I did not.

My blood pressure is more important to me than few scaffold plank " logs "

If the whole load was like that of course , that is another story.

However , suffice to say he did not get my business again.

Besides , I could just picture how that complaint phone call would have gone.

Me ..

" Hello Mr Log Supplier , I have found some Scaffold Tower Plank Logs in with me load , are they supposed to be in there or accidentally fell in to the bag while you were travelling near a building site perhaps ? "

Him ..

" Well , ya did not ask , I did not feel the need to tell you , they are good hardwood , will burn great mate , goodbye "

Easiest way to get rid of the cowboys is too not put money in their pockets

If you do buy from them and your not happy tell them, hassle them so hopefully they take note for the future

No point in coming on here bitching about this industry if your gonna let the cowboys walk all over you

I've been following this but ddin't get to post a coment yesterday - a great thread to read.

So if I bought firewood and it didn't meet what I wanted I would go elsewhere the next time. I guess after 20 years you run out of elsewhere to go to locally

When it comes to price and volume I compare it to a sack of coal (which is controlled by weights and measures, 50kg minimum) - will the wood give me the same or more heat as coal if I paid the same? If its better value and even if it didn't meet what I was told it would be then I would go back again.

End of the day all I want to do is make my in house warm enough to sit about in my shorts in December

I have had my stove for 4 years and no propblem splitting wood - but again will I want to still be doing the same in 20 years time?

Daniel Bos you owe me a mouthful of tea to replace the one I spat out when I read the last line of your last comment!

I take it you had problems with yours too then?:biggrin:

Mine just wasn't anywhere near as powerful as advertised, for a three phase machine:thumbdown: