what trailer for mini loader?

shillo

what trailers are people using to carry about their mini loaders? i have been using a brian james tipper with the pallet forks/ bucket resting on top of tail board, but thought it would load better on a standard plant trailer, it fits well but trailer nose weight is exceeded I'm sure as you can't centre weight over the trailer axles. also is a pain to strap on as ratchet straps don't fit well.

Actually towed better on the tipper but that trailer is twice the weight and ramps are a bit awkward foe everyday use

IMG_1591.jpg.54413327f49fe5fedcc20140103083fd.jpg

Plant trailers are designed to take diggers, the rear wheels are set back because that's where the main weight of the digger sits. As you say yours looks nose heavy. I think you would be better off with a flatbed with prop stands and ramps, it's easy to get the weight distribution right and they are also more versatile as trailer, easy to load timber if needed with the drop sides. I think a 10x5 or 10x6 would suit that fine. They also have more surface space to put attachments and other tools too. Only negative is not quite as convenient to load and unload but only an extra minute or so each time.

Got the same dilemma for my loader move it around on ifor 8x5 tipper which has the capacity to carry it but is high up when loaded and looks like a pull.

Have considered 8x4 plant and thought maybe not ideal and have also considered 9x4 ifor plant so i could have some movement were i can position it to get weight right but then its a long trailer and wide.

Were as if i buy a ifor lm125 gives me more opposition and can carry more implements at the same time and i think it is no wider or longer.

Would be nice to try before buying.

With plant trailers the draw bar is longer to accommodate bucket rest and also to prevent digger arm 'communicating' with the tow vehicle so by getting a flatbed you have a longer bed space but as Paul says not necessarily longer in total.

Obviously they are lower ride height than a tipper too. I carry my 2.8ton digger on a 10x6 flatbed and it tows just as nicely as the dedicated plant trailer- it's all about balance!

Ifor Williams LM126. Room for my Avant 420 with attachments and room for wood down the side of the loader with the sides on.

I strap mine on with 1 short strap at the front using a large d-shackle through the eye on the boom. I then thread the strap through the d-shackle and terminate the ends over the head board and down onto the hooks at the front. I don't bother with anything at the back. It never moves. I do however always have the rear tailboard on just incase the strap should fail.

i was coming to the flat bed conclusion. a longer plant trailer wouldnt solve the issue as the extra length is in the front of the trailer not behind the axles.

very often carry a bucket in the grab and trailer feels really nose heavy then.

anybody want to buy a trailer?!