Big shot versus Stein Tekichu throw bag launcher attachment

charlie

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

STEIN did not copy the Marvin Poles just opted for using a different manufacturer who was already producing Poles. There are many makes of poles out there SHERRILLTREE! Notch (who did they copy?) MARVIN, JAMESON, STEIN….. maybe research the facts before commenting (Von Harrington)!

The TEKICHU is used by many other industries outside of Arb around the world (there is life outside of Arb) who require the folding arm system and quicker rubber replacement to reduce storage and replace in the field if needed so it is not unnecessarily complicated just designed for other industries, Fire Brigades, Rescue Industry, Rope Access to name a few.

STEIN did not copy the Marvin Poles just opted for using a different manufacturer who was already producing Poles. There are many makes of poles out there SHERRILLTREE! Notch (who did they copy?) MARVIN, JAMESON, STEIN….. maybe research the facts before commenting (Von Harrington)!

The TEKICHU is used by many other industries outside of Arb around the world (there is life outside of Arb) who require the folding arm system and quicker rubber replacement to reduce storage and replace in the field if needed so it is not unnecessarily complicated just designed for other industries, Fire Brigades, Rescue Industry, Rope Access to name a few.

That's good to hear then.

At least they didn't copy the Chester either.

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

The Chester was derived from 2 other chest harnesses which were already on the market, one being the Weaver and the other which Weaver copied directly (sorry cannot remember the name) so the 4SRT Chester was not an original idea!!. The 4SRT Chester however took these and developed them with additional features just as STEIN has with the CAMBO. If you take time to look at these you will see how they have progressed and how they differ in design and the functionality each offers.

Hi Nigel, thanks for your reply. This thread prompted me to bring out the Tekichu today. I've only used it a few times as the work big shot gets the most use.

I have to say I was disappointed. Considering it's use, the pins that the arms lock into have broken meaning that the arms float freely. The basket that holds the throw bag is flimsy and lets the bag fall out before release. The rubber is significantly weaker than the Jameson too meaning a lot less power. Every time you fire it the rubber comes off the arm.

I'm frustrated enough to bin it and buy the Big Shot. I appreciate that you've tried to improve on the competition for all industries but when I called it over complicated it seems I was right.

I'm not Stein bashing here. I use and rate a lot off your products, and generally have a lot of respect for Stein as a company it's just a shame that this product is unfortunately not fit for purpose.

I'd be happy to send photos.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Arbtalk mobile app