Budget today

richy_B

It makes me laugh Rob (well it doesn't actually). Whenever we threaten to tax Starbucks they threaten to 'withdraw from the country'.

Well f off then!

It's not like we'd be coffeeless is it?

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

Blimey-we agree on something - we could have places that do a big mug of coffee for £1 and muffins for £1.....bugger, I have invented Poundcafe a subsidiary of Poundland:blushing:

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They should stop giving out free stuff to every Tom Dick & Harry that arrives, the welfare system is a safety net not a lifestyle choice & should not be paid unless contributions have been made for five years for example.

As for overseas aid, that should be cut back (its mostly bribes to countries anyway) & match what the public raises.

And if in the rare event that Microsoft, Google, Amazon et all who abuse & avoid the tax system paid up then they wouldn't have to persue small businesses like religious zealots which might actually encourage a bit of iniative and enterprise.

I very much doubt if any of the seat polishers in office have the balls to set up on their own, let alone survive - in anything other than back scratching & pocket lining.

</rant>

N

Can't be bothered looking for a brexit thread, but there's a good chance this'll turn into one anyway...

Is this the reality in Cornwall mr Johnson and others who reside there?7cb7e6354bcd06e1383812c99b4873f0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

It's just my view Mr Mull, but Cornwall voted fairly overwhelmingly for Brexit - now it seems there's dismay about lost funding. That dismay is of course seized upon and amplified by the butt-hurt bremoan element, ably assisted by the indigenous tendency to moan for the sake of moaning (I have drawn loose comparisons between Kernish and Scottish tendencies previously; the historical, physical, geographic, cultural and mental self imposed feeling of isolation and independence from Westminster (England) runs deep in both cultures!)

The previous grant money into Cornwall (from the EU) was actually UK money paid into the EU only to be filtered, laundered, reduced and conditioned before being returned to Cornwall to be squandered and wasted on crack-pot vanity schemes, salaries for QUANGOs and general mismanagement.

That last part isn't just my view:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cornwall-33360841

😳

They should stop giving out free stuff to every Tom Dick & Harry that arrives, the welfare system is a safety net not a lifestyle choice & should not be paid unless contributions have been made for five years for example.

As for overseas aid, that should be cut back (its mostly bribes to countries anyway) & match what the public raises.

And if in the rare event that Microsoft, Google, Amazon et all who abuse & avoid the tax system paid up then they wouldn't have to persue small businesses like religious zealots which might actually encourage a bit of iniative and enterprise.

I very much doubt if any of the seat polishers in office have the balls to set up on their own, let alone survive - in anything other than back scratching & pocket lining.

</rant>

N

👍🏻

(Activate "racist" protective force field)

This time looks worse for all us hard working SELF-EMPLOYED whilst the big business as usual have the tax havens. This is because we are leaving the EU soon.

Seems to be the case. For the self employed and LTD employing a few employees look like they will be hit hardest. If fact a double whammy if you are a LTD company as you are technically self employed as a director. Add pension contributions to that for employees, rising minimum wages and rates rises. Great, well done GOVT for fostering small business and enterprise!

Is this a Brexit tax?..

Making preparations for the new economy to come...

When the economy tanks, those that can, figure a way to make ends meat through self employment...

Hammond figures he can get his blows in first.. better to have the higher tax in place before a crash, than after one....

I expect NI will rise for all next time round, easier to jack that up than income tax....

Still, Brexit's gotta be paid for somehow, might as well tax those who voted for it hadn't we....