Pallet wrappers

jamesmerriman7

Theres loads of different desighns but the spinning table will be the easiest only problem is sometimes badly stacked stuff need a ring of hand wrap first to stop them falling over

The clear plastic tears very easily on pointy edges especially cheap stuff some off the white and black stuff is thicker

First one we had at the box factory I worked in was just a handle/spindle that went through a reel and you just tied it to the pallet corner and walked round the stack. Later a machine was purchased for the job but it used a lot more wrap than the original :D

Thanks for that genseteve where can I have a look at getting one of these from... second hand or new... thanks again!

Talk to mike at mc Kingstone nr Winchester

You don't need a machine the rolls come with handles built in you just walk round the pallet. You only use about a third of the material and due to the stretchy nature of the net the pallets tighten up during transport. Mikes net wrap is made from a different material than the rest which makes it better to use.

Talk to mike at mc Kingstone nr Winchester

You don't need a machine the rolls come with handles built in you just walk round the pallet. You only use about a third of the material and due to the stretchy nature of the net the pallets tighten up during transport. Mikes net wrap is made from a different material than the rest which makes it better to use.

Do you know if it is UV resistant?

• 2 weeks later...
Do you know if it is UV resistant?

Because you miserable buggers never answered (probably didn't know) I asked McKingstone themselves.

They didn't know either so asked the factory.

This was the reply "Our stretch ElastiNet has some content of UV stabilizer in it.

In the UK we find it can take at least 6 months before the netting stars to breakdown in direct sunlight. I know our netting is used on pallets that are stored outdoors in Scotland. These pallets have held their unique characteristics 10-12 months now. It all depends on the level of direct UV radiation transmission."

Because you miserable buggers never answered (probably didn't know) I asked McKingstone themselves.

They didn't know either so asked the factory.

This was the reply "Our stretch ElastiNet has some content of UV stabilizer in it.

In the UK we find it can take at least 6 months before the netting stars to breakdown in direct sunlight. I know our netting is used on pallets that are stored outdoors in Scotland. These pallets have held their unique characteristics 10-12 months now. It all depends on the level of direct UV radiation transmission."

I was told different! The nets I use degrade if exposed to DIRECT sunlight. We I the UK are too tight to pay the extra 2p to include a chemical that makes nets UV resistant for years..