Engineer or arborists report?

Suffolk-Matt

In brief,

Lady has a cherry tree in very close proximity to a wall, wall and tree both around 25 years old. Wall now has significant lean.

I wont bore with the other details but a report is needed as to the fact the tree is effecting the wall and a plan of action to remedy.

Structural engineers tell her to get a "tree person" to create the report but a remedy pan is also required (engineering background needed!)

Any advice that i can pass on?

In brief,

Lady has a cherry tree in very close proximity to a wall, wall and tree both around 25 years old. Wall now has significant lean.

I wont bore with the other details but a report is needed as to the fact the tree is effecting the wall anthad a plan of action to remedy.

Structural engineers tell her to get a "tree person" to create the report but a remedy pan is also required (engineering background needed!)

Any advice that i can pass on?

Even your statement that "the fact the tree is effecting the wall" is strong. Surely only a fact when proven cause and effect?

"Tree Roots in the Built Environment" gives figures for suggested distances of trees of various diameters from light structures like walls. There's also guidance in the 2016 NHBC pubication about vegetation, structures and soils.

Generally the remedy is an engineer's remit, but there's no point suggesting a remedy that does not diagnose the cause and ensure that it does not cause damage to recur. So it's part arb, part engineering.