Any one tried a demountable camper on their truck?

Woodworks

I have thought about these in the past, I think I came to the conclusion that the space would be so small it'd be hardly worth it. I can definitely see the appeal and saves running a seperate vehicle and being on a 4x4 it'd be good for sneaking into areas you might not otherwise get to.

Do you know what sort of money they are?

I have thought about these in the past, I think I came to the conclusion that the space would be so small it'd be hardly worth it. I can definitely see the appeal and saves running a seperate vehicle and being on a 4x4 it'd be good for sneaking into areas you might not otherwise get to.

Do you know what sort of money they are?

There are new ones on Ebay and they are 10k plus but would look at second hand.

Making one does not look out of the question. Some ply and glass fibre shouldn't be too difficult but would love to see one close up as I was of your thinking that there cant be that much space in one.

Any news on your trailer?

Edited by Woodworks

Yes I'd expect the new ones would be that kind of money. At that money I'd have serious considerations of Buying a transit connect or even panel can and kitting it all out myself- still has to been insured taxed and maintained though.

Could be good fun designing and building your own top and could get it just how you want it.

No news on trailer, Cctv is being checked but gone rather quiet on the police front too. il follow it up on Monday but guess the horse has bolted now:mad1:

I built one several years ago because I couldn't buy what I wanted.

The full height ones look hideous imo, they are far too high and make the truck unstable and they have too much overhang, I would hate to drive about with one on the back.

Here is what I built, it had a solid pop up roof, drove really nice but far too small inside.

The ones on dodge ram sized trucks look more stable as the truck is much bigger.

Build pictures are here

P1020136.jpg

P1020132.jpg

P1010912.jpg

My mate had one on a mog and that was 'compact' :lol:

Have thought about one on the landy. Just take the chip box of and mount the camper but I don't have enough time as it is, never mind building a camper back

I built one several years ago because I couldn't buy what I wanted.

The full height ones look hideous imo, they are far too high and make the truck unstable and they have too much overhang, I would hate to drive about with one on the back.

Here is what I built, it had a solid pop up roof, drove really nice but far too small inside.

The ones on dodge ram sized trucks look more stable as the truck is much bigger.

Build pictures are here

P1020136.jpg

P1020132.jpg

P1010912.jpg

Fantastic scraggs. Really like the kerfed ply to get the curve on the front