Tree mapping software and GPS device

Lyndon

Hi guys, I'm currently doing a large scale road side hazard tree survey and looking at what is the best software and GPS device to use. So far pear tech and eazytreev are looking like the best contenders. How are people finding them? any pros and cons of either?

Mainly I Need the ability to geo tag each tree on the map and add a photo or two. And the ability to live link with my colleague who will be working either just behind or in front of me on the same plot

My next dilemma is what bit of kit to use them with. I'm lucky enough that budget is not really a problem as long as its the best tool for the job.

so far its either a trimble or Motion R12 tablets

Again anyone use either? any pros and cons of either?

Any help or advise would be great. Thanks guys

Hi guys, I'm currently doing a large scale road side hazard tree survey and looking at what is the best software and GPS device to use. So far pear tech and eazytreev are looking like the best contenders. How are people finding them? any pros and cons of either?

Mainly I Need the ability to geo tag each tree on the map and add a photo or two. And the ability to live link with my colleague who will be working either just behind or in front of me on the same plot

My next dilemma is what bit of kit to use them with. I'm lucky enough that budget is not really a problem as long as its the best tool for the job.

so far its either a trimble or Motion R12 tablets

Again anyone use either? any pros and cons of either?

Any help or advise would be great. Thanks guys

I use a Trimble with Pocket GIS and PT Mapper. Very straightforward.

I've used the full ezytreev, overkill for most things, it's best for management. I didn't like the risk assessment part of the software. But I believe it can be supplied with QTRA software, which gets rid of that problem if you are QTRA savvy. Or you can put together a good risk assessment survey with PT Mapper using the Survey Writer that comes free with PT Mapper. Still need Pocket GIS though.

Pocked GIS cost me £500. PT Mapper Pro £1,000 inc Survey Writer. I have an old Trimble Geo (£500 second hand). This set-up does everything I need, especially BS5837 surveys and reports with mapping.

Ezytreev and motion t5 here

Spot on

Possibly more than you need but more is better than less

We attach photos and details but camera built in is not ideal but getting better in newer tablets tbh