Rigging down stems with Rigging Rings

Clicky

Rings all day every day. I use pulleys every now and then for lifting purposes but thats about it.

Rings are so much lighter and easier to install on large did stems, don't get why anyone would bother with a block.

There has been some very serious negative lowering done with my rings the last few years and I'm yet to break a rope:001_tt2:

597674697bfd1_ring1.jpg.bbe4df38ceaf687662620de819165c83.jpg

597674697daa7_ring2.jpg.d9626de83d21e031b082ace48ddf105c.jpg

Rings all day every day. I use pulleys every now and then for lifting purposes but thats about it.

Rings are so much lighter and easier to install on large did stems, don't get why anyone would bother with a block.

There has been some very serious negative lowering done with my rings the last few years and I'm yet to break a rope:001_tt2:

Couldn't agree more mate they won't have it on hear though still stuck thinking it's a step backwards 😪 wear are u in Germany i fly out tomorrow to dusseldorf just till Saturday night 12 ash to take down round a church they are desperate to get em down as it's Bird season now are they as strict all Germany with Bird nesting

Sent from my SM-G930F using Arbtalk mobile app

I don't think they are a step back, but they would be if you didn't have blocks in your kitbag as well.

I don't have any, because I have muckle knots in some of my rigging lines instead of splices.

I still use crotches or krabs if it suits the situation. Whatever the job demands to finish quick and safe.

Jesse I have some 9 year old Portland Braid that I could use a tight splice in if you fancy it?

We've hardly ever used it for towing.

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

Couldn't agree more mate they won't have it on hear though still stuck thinking it's a step backwards wear are u in Germany i fly out tomorrow to dusseldorf just till Saturday night 12 ash to take down round a church they are desperate to get em down as it's Bird season now are they as strict all Germany with Bird nesting

Sent from my SM-G930F using Arbtalk mobile app

Everyone has different opinions, if we all thought the same it would be a pretty boring place.

I wouldnt bother getting your knickers in a twist over it. ;)

Edited by Rich Rule

Really joe?

I had a xl ring given, bought two beast rings and the tenex to splice it and it came to a fraction of the cost. Mind you I have the impact block which is pretty expensive.

As I said I use mine as and when necessary. My only grip is I have a few other slings with the xl rings. The throat on the splice of my 16mm polydine rigging line won't go through the rings. Sweet on the beast rings but for the xl's I have to use a non spliced eye on a narrower diameter rope.

I usually rig with a krab in that situation for speed but sometimes it is easier to just grab a small swing cheek puppy for a redirect and save faffing with the knots.

• Like 1

Really joe?

I had a xl ring given, bought two beast rings and the tenex to splice it and it came to a fraction of the cost. Mind you I have the impact block which is pretty expensive.

As I said I use mine as and when necessary. My only grip is I have a few other slings with the xl rings. The throat on the splice of my 16mm polydine rigging line won't go through the rings. Sweet on the beast rings but for the xl's I have to use a non spliced eye on a narrower diameter rope.

I usually rig with a krab in that situation for speed but sometimes it is easier to just grab a small swing cheek puppy for a redirect and save faffing with the knots.

The 38x28 rings from honeys are £50 a pop, and the 22mm hollow braid is about £50 for 8 metres, so I guess, depending on what block you buy.

The ropes at work are fishermanned tight onto crabs so not much use there. Might get some for my kit though.