Having a nightmare buying a new truck

andrew t

You can get a new transit tippwr for £200+vat per mth.

this.

buying a second hand truck is a no go as you are just paying for someone else's worn out truck hence their reason for selling(they are selling it before it costs them more than a new one)

now two years ago i would have looked at my comment above and said not a chance, i can do it up, it can be fixed..etc. looking back i was right but i was actually wrong. your time is better spent doing what you do best and not on vehicle maintenance, breakdowns, part sourcing/fitting, tyres, getting nailed by the traffic police

if you can buy new you should:001_smile:

Edited by Graham w

I couldn't believe the number that had failed a previous MOT on lightbulbs! do people not check these things :001_huh:

I know a few garages that when you give them a vehicle for MOT & Service, they put it through its MOT first even if you have told them what needs doing. I have add intermittent faults with lightbulbs. Nothing wrong with the bulb, so the challenge was locating the wiring fault. Going by the number of vehicles I see with bulbs out though, I'm sure if they check them, they can't be bothered changing them. Personally I would hate to be driving at night with only one headlight of the two fitted working.

• 1 month later...

I'm in a similar situation, it seems that most sellers under 5k are hiding something. It's so hard to trust anyone. Full service history is hard to find. The best way is knowing the person you are buying off especially if they are local and established as they (hopefully) don't want to tarnish their reputation.