Having a nightmare buying a new truck

andrew t

I have looked at countless trucks on auto trader gumtree and several garages and everyone of them has an issue my budget is low at £5000 but You would think there was something half decent out there . I have done 6 full experion checks online every truck has something seriously wrong or it's been clocked .

The hunt goes on lol

Keep looking , one will turn up .. I found an iveco with just 29k for £5000 , it was a non runner as the half shaft had sheared , cheap fix and on the road for £300 I hope the van will last me a few years

Wow that's a great news . I have until the first of April so still time

I hope I get lucky

I have looked at countless trucks on auto trader gumtree and several garages and everyone of them has an issue my budget is low at £5000 but You would think there was something half decent out there . I have done 6 full experion checks online every truck has something seriously wrong or it's been clocked .

The hunt goes on lol

Before Xmas I was looking for a new transit.

I had about £2500 to spend and there is definitely nothing half decent about for that money, there seemed to be lots on eBay for around £5000 that were ex council trucks from small dealers, I would have thought ex council trucks would be better looked after and have less issues with clocking and other checks, I bought an ex bt transit with 130000 miles on it with a new tipper for far too much on finance from a large dealer and that has issues. Good luck with your search

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

I was looking for a 2nd tipper to run aswell as thenone we have now but there seems to be not much about. Good luck with the search. Seems maybe people are keeping hold of their motors a while longer esp with how some of the new ones are.

5k should get you a good motor. If you went fwd youd get quiet a good motor at that price

You can check the previous MOT's (and therefore mileages) for free on the .gov website. Doesn't mean it's not been clocked in the first 3 years though!!

Also for fords you can run the reg through etis https://www.etis.ford.com/ to see what spec it left the factory with

I bought a new van last month after looking through hundreds and hundreds online.

I couldn't believe the number that had failed a previous MOT on lightbulbs! do people not check these things :001_huh:

If like me you're on a limited budget I think in some ways you just have to take plunge and buy something that's not great and do what work you find is needed :blink: