Burning

Bird

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

£10p/h is ridiculous I'm now fed up of being spoken to poorly etc and blackmailed just as had her land for a burn site .., especially when I did her so many favours and didn't charge her ....now have a better burnside and hers I won't need .....I'm not putting up with it anymore

Presumably it was you who set the price at £10 in the first instance.

Presumably it was you who set the price at £10 in the first instance.

I accepted her saying is £10p/h when I first started my business but now 4 years in so I have grown it and better and I'm not as naive as I used to be

My current favourite method is to use plenty of pallet wood to get your fire started, then don't overload it. It can still take a couple of hours to get hot enough to keep up though. Wherever possible embers from yesterday's fire are a massive head start.

I've found that using a blower isn't as much help as I thought it would be. It's sometimes useful, but can make the inside of a fire burn down very quickly without catching the rest of the brash.

When the odds are against you a propane magic wand really speeds things up, but it is a bit extravagant :D

42828d2af189a95685713bc5ed5e3e13.jpg

There's a chap near me who's being taken to court by local council for hauling some hedge cuttings for a mate of his as a favour. He was transporting them to a small holding for burning! They are also doing the owner of the burning site as well:confused1: Fly tipping is making it difficult for legitimate business as we are the ones getting pulled by the police, environmental and councils:thumb down: Whilst those with total contempt for authority carry on as normal.

My current favourite method is to use plenty of pallet wood to get your fire started, then don't overload it. It can still take a couple of hours to get hot enough to keep up though. Wherever possible embers from yesterday's fire are a massive head start.

I've found that using a blower isn't as much help as I thought it would be. It's sometimes useful, but can make the inside of a fire burn down very quickly without catching the rest of the brash.

When the odds are against you a propane magic wand really speeds things up, but it is a bit extravagant :D

42828d2af189a95685713bc5ed5e3e13.jpg

Thats what I use that exact set up

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Arbtalk mobile app