Burning

Bird

I recently had the fire brigade turn up at one of my evening burn ups

was nothing but brash was plenty dry enough wind was in my favour (well to start with any way)

they had been called by a local who was concerned that the field, hedgerow, trees and power lines were on fire as you can imagine they made a speedy entrance, nothing was on fire except my pile.

after having a look about and a head scratch they decided my fire was fine but would be able to sleep better if they dampened down around it to prevent any spread, but this time the fire was 1/4 the size it was and was burning away very neat and tidy. no chance of anything happening had fires there for years.

they were more concerned about were this waste had come from, what is was, who put it there etc.

I explained it was trimmings from around the land they were standing on :001_cool:

they said under no circumstances should we be burning trade waste this includes tree work arising's brought back from jobs or allowing other people to bring waste to burn. they said even though they are the trimmings from here this is a farm a farm is a business!!! they excepted that this was my own pruning's and a 1 off and not 20 tree jobs in a heap :thumbup:

they said they are positively seeking to prosecute people who "burn up" as its very rarely legal

saying that I doubt they would have the money to take you to court as there was only 4 firemen on duty that Friday night due to cut backs!!!!

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Take a few fire lighters and trash your brash tips down with a saw and put over the fire lighters then stack every thing parallel.. take time loading it to start and dressing it out so it will burn with no big gaps and within an hour you can burn anything.. including mud soaked willow and alder in the rain .. ImageUploadedByArbtalk1488267435.035784.jpg.3279a0f577e484ec0899ed1331a23ade.jpg

And another fire same job and method ImageUploadedByArbtalk1488267484.187125.jpg.679b3c9b7d8843b7acf60eb4e6cb5018.jpg

The trick I have found on bigger fires is to concentrate on a couple of areas with the wind behind you rather than trying to get the whole thing to burn at once because you won't ! Then the two areas should spread and join becoming hot enough to burn anything again.