Using a Winch

sargan

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't get car onto the bank .. no access.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Mick Dundee nailed this together for me ( yes its blue), it would tear them out no problem. There must be someone about with a monkey winch or similar , might pay to get on the phone.

Bob

[ame]

[/ame]

Don't you know someone with a tractor mounted winch; I would expect to pull out 8" conifer stumps as fast as my mate could be wrapping a choke chain around the next one. If I can't get a machine or redirect a rope in; an ordinary 5 ton ratchet strap can get some pull on matched with a root busting bar (as described earlier), I forged a blade on a 6ft piece of 1 1/8" round bar.

Above would be a good idea, even if u can't get the tractor that near u could redirect it off the trees u were going to pull off anyway. A proper PTO driven winch would be ripping them out in no time.

Plus as a bonus it would be pulling the stumps right to ur access? so u just got to chuck them on a trailer after that so no hand balling them down the garden

But ur winch vehicle doesn't need to be anywhere near, as long as u have some anchor points to to attach blocks redirect the cable. Even using a ground anchor if needed to redirect will still be far easier and quickier

Winching out by hand will be a lot of work and time consuming.

Lifted a few strainers out with hi lift jacks and there a freat tool but still fiddly and u still need to do a far bit of digging/pinching to slacken them. If u use a hi lit jack take a flat block to usr as a base as it often will sink into the ground when u get some pressure on.