Ride on lawnmowers

Bird

My little Husky riders with the 30" combi deck will fit through most gate openings and I can fit it in my swb Iveco and room for a 21" viking behind it sideways .

The Husky is so maneuverable and very rarely you need to Use reverse , only down side is it either Mulch or leave but it does Mulch well .

Toro Turf master is a cheaper option has a walk behind for picking up grass on Domestic jobs but hates wet grass with a passion .

Screenshot_20170219-052721.jpg.5f2171c4bac8b5d07088b5e275cdb51e.jpg

Ste

Domestic ride ons are slow and thirsty.

A good walk behind is better and faster.

Why the need to compact? Limited access width?

Or too little space in the garage?

Consider a 2-wheel tractor with flail or topper, plus water ballast in the tyres and wheel-weights. Two wheel tractor will with the extra attachments also rotovate, bury stones, power harrow ect. Not good at all work but will do more than a mower...

Westwoods and their ILK, the traditional ride-on tractors can tow; so a self-powered topper or flail, as used behind quads is an option, you should be able to use the on-board deck to 'vacuum up' the arisings from the self powered unit after it has dried off.

Westwoods don't like more than 8" growth and those older ones with 11-18hp will only deal with that when fairly dry. Even better arrange a separate blower fan in the suction line.

If all else fails HIRE what you are thinking of, see how you get on and buy from second hand if you, like me, are using it on large domestic not making a business case.

Edited by Hobby_Woodsman
impoved reading

The Husqvarna riders look good. I am thinking of getting one to save time with collection and disposal of the cuttings. Do they give a good finish? Will I notice that the grass hasn't been collected or will it be a fine enough finish that I won't notice the difference?

Also how do they cope with slopes and uneven lawns?

The Husqvarna riders look good. I am thinking of getting one to save time with collection and disposal of the cuttings. Do they give a good finish? Will I notice that the grass hasn't been collected or will it be a fine enough finish that I won't no

tice the difference?

Also how do they cope with slopes and uneven lawns?

You won't notice any grass cuttings if cutting weekly and with all mulching Decks dry grass is essential for the best finish .

The 30" combi deck copes well with uneven lawns .

Ste

Edited by IVECOKID