Herder SCT-410H stump grinder Demo

nickc

Prob quicker if youd taken.another half ton off the stump:biggrin:

Who,s the uk dealer

Didn't have big saw with me so no option - that's how the tree surgeon left it. 😀

U.K. Dealer

DOW Mus-Max Ltd

Unit 1a Ditton Priors Industrial Estate

Station Road

Ditton Priors

BRIDGNORTH

WV16 6SS

(01746) 712607

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What was it like when you got it deeper into the ground? i.e. Wheel spinning slow, big teeth and lots of wood chip and soil, did it have the power to press on or did it slow down even more? Looks a nice size machine though, but have to agree needs the remote control.

What was it like when you got it deeper into the ground? i.e. Wheel spinning slow, big teeth and lots of wood chip and soil, did it have the power to press on or did it slow down even more? Looks a nice size machine though, but have to agree needs the remote control.

Didn't make any real difference when it got deeper in ground seemed to be very steady. Engine note stays very steady the whole time.

Would I buy? Well it's not a no at this stage. I understand from dealer that they are building remote version for the Uk now. I want to see this in action. Would also like to demo on something a bit tougher. They havnt sold any in U.K. As yet so difficult to talk to somebody who has long term use.

It's the first machine I have found that is narrow, remote with hydraulic cutter. Been asking for this for years from dealers.

That all sounds good, very difficult when nobody has bought one yet, with regards to build quality and reliability. What engine and hp is it and what's the total width?

Cheers Chris

The engine is lombardini 32hp diesel. Width I measured at 30inch.

When will they realise how many UK gardens have 30 inch gates (of which 1 inch is jams) and people always put sheds/ greenhouses close to the end of the side access so turning a 'tight fit' machine can be a nightmare.

Predator still seem to be the only ones in the 'narrow' market - and they give a choice of 38hp petrol or 28hp diesel. Even their 50hp diesel isn't much wider.

Please, someone build a 50hp diesel - mounted in-line with hydraulic power to wheel to keep it narrow - to fit through a standard gate without the need for carpentry.

As a matter of interest, what is the weight and price of the Herder.