Dougie removal with 130 ton crane

colemanjessenz

Nice work, great day for it. That was some crane.

Am i right in thinking your in germany? What are the regs likes for you riding the hook?

Sent from my HTC One using Arbtalk mobile app

Hey John, yeah mate i'm over here in g land.

rules state you must use normal means of access unless there is a safety issue preventing you to do so.............. I saw there were multiple hangers in the tree and just wrote down on the job sheet it was to dangerous to for normal access methods. no harm no foul :P

Ive done a lot of work with tommy and his crane so I'm never worried about riding the hook with him

Nice vid Jesse how many picks and what do you recon the time scale of the job was ?

Hey Matty, the cutting and processing time for the tree was probably around an hour with 3 guys on the ground. we had two containers , one for the branches and one for the stem wood. There were 4 stems left on the property above that we also craned out in-between picks so that the guys processing weren't to buried.

The job ran in conjunction with an architecture company who were re doing the neighbouring house, so those lads used the crane in the afternoon to lift up tiles, building materials etc. All together with crane setup, lifting odd bits up and the other stems down took around half a day.

we were out of there by midday and I went off to do an 8 meter hornbeam removal after :thumb: aint not glory in our job mate haha.