Disposing of waste

simonm

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

I set up a website for an arbor company where people pay $50 for 8 m3 of "arbor mulch" delivered to their driveway. Surprising the number of people who think they can use that much mulch.

Even easier is to list free arbor mulch on Gumtree/Craigslist/etc and you'll get inundated with people wanting it because it's free...

Hi guys, would value your thoughts. We had an arrangement with a farmer, we piled the chip, had a burn pile and he kept the good wood for his burner, happy days.

There was an accidental fire up there last week and the fire brigade came.

Yesterday the environment agency followed the guys and Sid we can't tip there anymore.

1. I do have a waste carriers license - tick.

2. The farmer doesn't have a permit to let the waste on the land.

3. Nor does he have a permit to burn the waste.

That somewhat leaves me in the ****.

What is the likelihood of the farmer getting permits?

What are the other options?

Cheers

Dan

Sent from my iPad using Arbtalk

The "options" are almost unlimited (but come with potential implications / consequences - as you've described)

The "procedures" are as described at the EA website.

No doubt you'll get a range of opinions and suggestions, but (IMHO) the best and only source of definitive information on the regulatory requirements is the EA website.

If you start there, at least you can put any subsequent suggestions / opinions offered here into the correct context.

• 1 month later...

When I started a decade ago, first thing I did was to get a a waste carriers licence, permit to burn & exemption to store up to 100 tonnes of chip/ wood waste on the farm where I'm based, even though the farm already had a permit to burn, I got my own. Paperwork & time consuming but both free and just renewed every 3 years.

Saved a lot of grief.