Has anyone heard of Peruzzo?

Maxnaggle

Can I ask any of you guys with a peruzzo - how has the engine which powers the tracks been? Any starting or reliability issues? and is there a facility to put it into neutral and move it by hand/winch as a back-up?

I have a CS100 and seriously thinking of changing it.  Doing much more rough ground and less domestic work now but still need something small.

Cheers.

Cheaper than a whole new chipper could be a tracked barrow base + fabricated steel something to secure your CS100 to it.  If you make the chipper easily (de)mountable you then have the barrow for carting gear or logs as well.

See Dean's (Global Newark) post on the previous page re that idea for the Jo Beau M300 which I've gone for.

Last week the bare barrow base carried probably half a ton of logs up a sloping garden and straight up the concrete steps to awaiting pickup for me; a revelation after years of handballing!

• Thanks 1

I've had a close look at that thread it's a great idea and one I have considered. I think the bottom structure of the cs100 would make it too high and top heavy on a tracked Barrow arrangement. The peruzzo is a different chipper design than the cs100 although they look similar at first glance. I think it has been designed so that the centre of gravity sits very low.

4 hours ago, TTS North said:

Can I ask any of you guys with a peruzzo - how has the engine which powers the tracks been? Any starting or reliability issues? and is there a facility to put it into neutral and move it by hand/winch as a back-up?

I have a CS100 and seriously thinking of changing it.  Doing much more rough ground and less domestic work now but still need something small.

Cheers.

Absolutely no issues with the machine whatsoever, have a chat with @equip4ind  it gets in places you really wouldn't get any other wood chipper & dealt with the brash of an 80ft + ash tree in a couple of hours, saved a load of rigging & one hellish drag so saved me on labour too. It really is a win / win machine ? 

IMG_20180205_113313.jpg

IMG_20180205_143451.jpg

IMG_20180206_123937.jpg

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 07/12/2017 at 18:00, inthewoods said:

I'd hoped to take a video today but my helmet / camera bracket is broken. My only experience of gravity fed machines were on cheap 'toys' not pro kit like this & make no mistake it's a machine for full on pro use.  Got to say I'm very impressed so far but only chipped for a few hours today, a full load of macrocarpa, a few bits had to be forced in due to the shape of the hopper but you don't even have to sned everything into straight sticks as it drags the next bit in ready for the blades.  For a one man band I'd say it's a game changer. Day one, very impressed & very happy! 

Danny if you go out on the road for a few weeks with a demo machine I reckon you would sell bucket loads of these... 

is it still going good? what would you say pros and cons.Looking into it so final verdict would be helpfull.Cheers

2 minutes ago, Mr Oz said:

is it still going good? what would you say pros and cons.Looking into it so final verdict would be helpfull.Cheers

Make no mistake it's a pro machine not your amateur homeowner toy. The chute is coming off & it's going through a house next week (hopefully!) it won me the job ? I took a gamble with it as it was unknown to me but absolutely no regrets here. Can't fault it, we'll,  electric start on the dumper engine would be nice! ?