Smoking Hilux

keptenjim

So in short:

Your quite new vehicle suddenly developed a problem.

The dealer hasn't been able to find or fix the problem despite having had ample time to do so.

Then their solution is to blame the customer!

About par for the course really...

I'd harnas them ceaselessly until they've either fixed or replaced your faulty goods.

Unless you were told the vehicle wasn't suitable for repeated short journeys either at handover or in the manual, they've not a leg to stand on.

Keep at them, if they give any sign of unwillingness to fix or replace, threaten them with legal action.

They're wrong, you're right, the end

• Like 1

I’ll mention it but surely they would have thought of that? They have had my car for weeks trying to resolve this. I'd have thought a stuck EGR valve would have been an early consideration. I guess it's worth a mention though. Thanks

Quick and easy test ( that you could leave as permanent ) ....Blank it off .

• 2 weeks later...

So they eventually called me and said it was "much better". So I went and checked it out only to find there was no change - still smoking. So I asked them please not to call me again unless it's fixed or replaced. Then they called again yesterday and said that they changed the injectors and that its now definitely sorted. That seems to have done the trick - no more smoke. Can't understand why the injectors needed changing after only 5000 miles