Help with a quote

smokeygaz

on a slightly different note if any of you lads live near Stockton on tees let me know as it would save me a 6 hour round trip. or if some one wants to grind the stump out and leave me to fell it that could work as well.

Its not like in cartoons.

Yes Mark, nobodys mum needs grinding so hold your horses on that one fella.

Its interesting to see that in this case someone with no equipment (I would say no idea but that might be disrespectful :) ) would charge more than your average tree firm when usually it is the other way around. I suppose it must be because this is at the bottom of the pricing scale ie the minimum price range of work, quick easy and of no risk to most bona fide firms.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Or he just thinks it's for a letting agency, I'll stick double on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

would like to have thought that was the crack but he messaged my mum direct with the quote and skipped the agent, told him "i know her really well, leave it with me, ill sort it" and bi passed him. :sneaky2:

would like to have thought that was the crack but he messaged my mum direct with the quote and skipped the agent, told him "i know her really well, leave it with me, ill sort it" and bi passed him. :sneaky2:

Ahh fair enough mate then yeah way over priced, it's the kind of job a retiree could knock out in a hour or so before brunch. £60 quid tops, or as said before bear tokens for an old mate.

Sorry to hear he has put you in this position. Maybe a phone call to him and explain that you can't except that may sort the situation.

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

I don't tend to do mates rates, for s good friend I will work for free and they will do the same for me as most of them have useful skills, otherwise it's just going rate....which will be as if it's quoted and travelled to and from as no one else is there at the time so don't need to compete on a "while your here" basis.

I think if the job is for a property company in reality it doesn't count for mates rates especially as the mum doesn't live there.

I think if you have a chipper and chainsaw this is a very quick easy job. If you haven't and you have got to cut it all up with a hand saw to fit in a pick up on your own then I can see it taking all day! I wouldn't fancy cutting that trunk with a hand saw! That would explain £200 normal kind of day rate for self employed gardener/ handyman.