Help with a quote

smokeygaz

I have not asked anybody to fell a tree and neither has my mother. As she lives in Australia, the house is let out through a letting agent, the tenants have complained to the agent about the tree. He has asked my mate who has done a few DIY jobs for him if he could do it. I live 3 hours away and have never met nore spoke to the agent before and the first i hear about this tree is through my mother with a quote off my mate.

That does explain some of it. Estate agents are ime terrible at paying on time, normally wanting a commission even though they are already being paid by the landlord to deal with these things.

But it's not mates rates. I do some work for agents and the rates you charge can be high as normally for me as I don't do trees the work is for tidying garden not touched by tenants so being paid for out of deposits.

If he wants to quote that he can but he should not try and call it "mates rates" and expect to keep his "mate"

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That does explain some of it. Estate agents are ime terrible at paying on time, normally wanting a commission even though they are already being paid by the landlord to deal with these things.

But it's not mates rates. I do some work for agents and the rates you charge can be high as normally for me as I don't do trees the work is for tidying garden not touched by tenants so being paid for out of deposits.

If he wants to quote that he can but he should not try and call it "mates rates" and expect to keep his "mate"

Thats exactly what i though, expensive anyway and just being cheeky calling it mates rates

your right insurance doesn't show professionalism,

I disagree!

Any one running any business without insurance is a moron!! IMO and far from professional.

You are leaving yourself and your customers open to loosing out on a scale thats difficult to even contemplate.

Edited by skyhuck

I have not asked anybody to fell a tree and neither has my mother. As she lives in Australia, the house is let out through a letting agent, the tenants have complained to the agent about the tree. He has asked my mate who has done a few DIY jobs for him if he could do it. I live 3 hours away and have never met nore spoke to the agent before and the first i hear about this tree is through my mother with a quote off my mate.

I never really gave a monkey's self abuse about the back story.

You wanted prices, by and large most people have given you the same price.

Ie. Just shy of a ton.

So there you go.

Word

I do quite a bit for letting agencies, prices are high as lot of faffing about, late payment, cars parked in the way when supposed to be cleared.

Mind you price still a bit steep

I never really gave a monkey's self abuse about the back story.

You wanted prices, by and large most people have given you the same price.

Ie. Just shy of a ton.

So there you go.

the back story was to clarify to will c as to why i was asking an unqualified and uninsured guy to drop a tree for me, a merely explained that i hadn't asked anybody to do it. also im happy with every ones quote, never said i disagreed with any off them.

I disagree!

Any one running any business without insurance is a moron!! IMO and far from professional.

You are leaving yourself and your customers open to loosing out on a scale thats difficult to even contemplate.

by that i did not mean that you dont need insurance and i agree that you are stupid to not have it. however if someone was to pass their CS30/31 and get some insurance that still does not make that person a professional.