Rock Stump Grinder wheel mod

mattalway

Don't bother with multi tip.

They do NOT cut as well as they say - wiyhout loads of power.

I run rhino teeth on my 25hp machine now and they are twice as quick as the multis AND you can sharpen them far more easily. Go with the smaller green teeth or your sanity will be jeopardised.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Don't bother with multi tip.

They do NOT cut as well as they say - wiyhout loads of power.

I run rhino teeth on my 25hp machine now and they are twice as quick as the multis AND you can sharpen them far more easily. Go with the smaller green teeth or your sanity will be jeopardised.

are 700 the smallest you get

thats good to know though, save me stripping it down to find that out, so thanks. thats not bad thinking long term, even with an additional 500 bucks, -120 for original set of teeth thats £380 for a mod thats going to be more efficient and cost effective in every way.

matt are you the lad that's done some work for daniel and your from kings lynn way. i have the same grinder you cant fit green teeth there not enough room in height wise cause of the guard and there is not the room in the widthwise to i have looked into this. multi tip do a conversion that's £500 but use's their narrow teeth go's with 4 teeth and there around 10pound plus vat each for replacements. you can get the original teeth for £80 pound a set from a company i have contacts for. but the grinder itself is ok but bigger than 12/ 14inch stumps you peeing in the wind unless you have time on your side as there slow and to get more than 4 inch of depths you need a spade with you to cut out the ground to allow the head to drop down as the machine bellys out quick had my one a year now

Edited by littlerob

matt are you the lad that's done some work for daniel and your from kings lynn way. i have the same grinder you cant fit green teeth there not enough room in height wise cause of the guard and there is not the room in the widthwise to i have looked into this. multi tip do a conversion that's £500 but use's their narrow teeth go's with 4 teeth and there around 10pound plus vat each for replacements. you can get the original teeth for £80 pound a set from a company i have contacts for. but the grinder itself is ok but bigger than 12/ 14inch stumps you peeing in the wind unless you have time on your side as there slow and to get more than 4 inch of depths you need a spade with you to cut out the ground to allow the head to drop down as the machine bellys out quick had my one a year now

alright rob, yeah thats probably me haha, trying to get away from sub climbing though. cheers for the info, if im modifying it im just going to uprate everything, meaning bigger wheel, bigger guard to house it, stronger belts etc, someone might argue and say get a bigger machine, but price was key on this.

alright rob, yeah thats probably me haha, trying to get away from sub climbing though. cheers for the info, if im modifying it im just going to uprate everything, meaning bigger wheel, bigger guard to house it, stronger belts etc, someone might argue and say get a bigger machine, but price was key on this.

Don't bother with all that just use it as it is and get someone in for bigger stumps until you can afford a second bigger machine. It's only 13hp, make some money with it and upgrade. Coming from someone who's had one for 2 years and recently bought a bigger rayco 🖒

Sent from my SM-G930F using Arbtalk mobile app