Vegetation Clearance Advice welcome

Rob Hornett

Ladies and Gentlemen,

I have been asked to look at a job for a hedge clearance and anything found inside it down to ground level. grub out any old root stumps and leave living rhododendron stems at 1 metre in height

There is no need for waste removal as it can be burnt on site by owner

The hedge it self ranges from 2 to 4 metres at the base and is over 2.4 metres in most areas and is approximately 45 metres in length.

The hedge appears to be mostly very old bramble, a small pyracantha shrub hedge of 15 metres long by 75cms high at one end. there also seems to be large spreads of very well established rhododendron, these poke out above the top and the sides of the hedge.

The hedge has also grown through a chain link fence, which is located on one side. this requires to be cleared with minimal damage if possible.

Due to the location and access this will be by manpower only, myself plus two.

I have a work day planned of 8 hrs less travel (1hr each way) and lunch break (30 mins).

I have long reaches, trimmers and chainsaws for the job.

I would like a advice on the possible costing and duration

£152-00 additional labour per day

£50-00 OHs (fuel, Ins, etc) per day

plus pay for myself.

I understand my costings and for a 5 day week over £1000-00 less profit and my pay before we start. The land owner has an unknown budget, cheaper the better but to a good standard

I would like to get it done in a week if possible.

Any advice welcome on additional costing for the job and duration would be greatly appreciated. this is a first of this size for me so be gentle:thumbup:

Rob H

Ladies and Gentlemen,

I have been asked to look at a job for a hedge clearance and anything found inside it down to ground level. grub out any old root stumps and leave living rhododendron stems at 1 metre in height

There is no need for waste removal as it can be burnt on site by owner

The hedge it self ranges from 2 to 4 metres at the base and is over 2.4 metres in most areas and is approximately 45 metres in length.

The hedge appears to be mostly very old bramble, a small pyracantha shrub hedge of 15 metres long by 75cms high at one end. there also seems to be large spreads of very well established rhododendron, these poke out above the top and the sides of the hedge.

The hedge has also grown through a chain link fence, which is located on one side. this requires to be cleared with minimal damage if possible.

Due to the location and access this will be by manpower only, myself plus two.

I have a work day planned of 8 hrs less travel (1hr each way) and lunch break (30 mins).

I have long reaches, trimmers and chainsaws for the job.

I would like a advice on the possible costing and duration

£152-00 additional labour per day

£50-00 OHs (fuel, Ins, etc) per day

plus pay for myself.

I understand my costings and for a 5 day week over £1000-00 less profit and my pay before we start. The land owner has an unknown budget, cheaper the better but to a good standard

I would like to get it done in a week if possible.

Any advice welcome on additional costing for the job and duration would be greatly appreciated. this is a first of this size for me so be gentle:thumbup:

Rob H

Normally I would agree with inthewoods and say wipe the lot out with a mulcher, our tractor would have that done in about an hour. But taking the chain link fence into consideration I think a big mulcher would be out. Although there are plenty of other options. If you want feel free to give me a call and I can share my thoughts on it. 07816861333 Chris

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

You just need to side off the fence with hedge cutters before hand & around the rhody stems that you want to keep (!?)

The real pita of this job will be getting all the leftover bits left on the fence, if that's part of the works spec? Always wondered if a jet wash would be any good for this task as it's very time consuming by hand. Good luck & don't forget before & after pics for your website (& us!)