Sangyong pick up truck

Steve Bullman

1 minute ago, Mick Dempsey said:

Ha ha, he has point J.

God they’re sinfully ugly  looking trucks mind, and second hand value is terrible (or so I’ve heard)

Second generation aren't quite as hideous. Once you delete all the stupid chrome effect bits, they are OK.

3 hours ago, Big J said:

Well that is your problem then isn't it.

I am entirely within my rights to point out the massive deficiency in the transport infrastructure down here. Having had someone crash into me in recent weeks (I was stationary, they were speeding) as well as experiencing repeated road blockages due to serious accidents in recent months only serves to reinforce that observation. 

I'm not interested in people saying that the lanes are "twee, charming, part of the character of the county, historic" or any of that nonsense. Roads have a function, which is to get people and goods from point A to point B, safely. If they can't do that, then they aren't fit for purpose. The number of people driving around with half their bumper hanging off is astonishing. Just as I left site last night, a brand new Insignia passed with it's front end caved in.

Anyway, does anyone have any experience with the truck? 

3 hours ago, Big J said:

Well that is your problem then isn't it.

I am entirely within my rights to point out the massive deficiency in the transport infrastructure down here. Having had someone crash into me in recent weeks (I was stationary, they were speeding) as well as experiencing repeated road blockages due to serious accidents in recent months only serves to reinforce that observation. 

I'm not interested in people saying that the lanes are "twee, charming, part of the character of the county, historic" or any of that nonsense. Roads have a function, which is to get people and goods from point A to point B, safely. If they can't do that, then they aren't fit for purpose. The number of people driving around with half their bumper hanging off is astonishing. Just as I left site last night, a brand new Insignia passed with it's front end caved in.

Anyway, does anyone have any experience with the truck? 

No, it's your problem. Imagine this, someone moves on your patch thinking they are paying 'good' money that probably isn't getting paid back into the local economy and want to start changing things to suit their ridiculous way of thing, they want to change the road network around said patch to better themselves, no more a capitalist have I ever heard, hypocrite. Stick ya truck!

Edited by eggsarascal
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, eggsarascal said:

No, it's your problem. Imagine this, someone moves on your patch thinking they are paying 'good' money that probably isn't getting paid back into the local economy and want to start changing things to suit their ridiculous way of thing, they want to change the road network around said patch to better themselves, no more a capitalist have I ever heard, ipocrit. Stick ya truck!

GRRRR ! ?

1 hour ago, eggsarascal said:

No, it's your problem. Imagine this, someone moves on your patch thinking they are paying 'good' money that probably isn't getting paid back into the local economy and want to start changing things to suit their ridiculous way of thing, they want to change the road network around said patch to better themselves, no more a capitalist have I ever heard, hypocrite. Stick ya truck!

You're not making a single coherent point.

Devon and Cornwall appears to have one of the highest road casualty rates in the UK*. So much of it would be quite avoidable with an improvement in the road transport network. It's not about increasing profits for "capitalists" like myself. It's about improving every aspect of life for everyone. Being able to get to emergency healthcare more quickly, being able to reduce journey times, reduce risk when driving, reduce fuel consumption and improve overall productivity - the list is endless. I have no personal aspirations to make a fortune, rather I see productivity as a means of reducing one's need to work. If you work smart, rather than hard, it allows you to enjoy more time off and for everyone to have a better standard of living. Devon and Cornwall are in places really rather deprived and much of that can be attributed to the isolation caused by 19th century roads.

WWW.EXPRESS.CO.UK

THE UK's most dangerous accident hot spots have been revealed. Do you live near one of the most dangerous roads in Britain?

Reminds me of the old old story about the pair of younguns that fall in love and get married, she soon starts making a few changes, disapproving of his friends, correcting his grammar, improving his table manners, "encouraging" him to get a better job, tidying up the way he dresses, insisting he goes shopping with her, etc etc,

until one day 20 years down the line, she sighs heavily one day and says;

"John, you know, you are just not the man I married all those years ago"

Devon and Cornwall would be the same by the time "J" had them sorted out.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2