Sangyong pick up truck

Steve Bullman

24 minutes ago, Big J said:

I'm not in the position to be spending that kind of money. Accepting that I have a need for a work vehicle, my theory is that it's best if it's classified as a business expense.

Start more businesses? You'll have years of accounts (and maybe some bricks or whatever) when you get round to your house building venture properly. Do things like lend/lease/sell money/things between them and yourself. Those things could be things like intellectual property. Be creative. Consult an accountant who thinks creatively.

Edited by AHPP

Just now, AHPP said:

Start more businesses? You'll have years of accounts (and maybe some bricks or whatever) when you get round to your house building venture properly. Lend money and lease things between them and yourself. Those things could be things like intellectual property. Be creative. Consult an accountant who thinks creatively.

Again, I'm not looking to lose tax. I have a plethora of highly useful forestry machines I could choose from if that were the case. I'm just looking for a practical solution to a practical problem, not an accounting problem! ?

21 hours ago, Big J said:

I did test drive the Ranger and I wasn't impressed. Hard, uncomfortable ride and obtrussive gearbox with a lot of random auto changes. Didn't feel quick either.

I'm disinclined to buy used now. The cost of repairs on an older vehicle is such an unknown. My uncle once said to me that with vehicles, you always lose money. On older vehicles it's on repairs, on newer vehicles it's depreciation. I'd rather lose on depreciation and hopefully minimise down time. I'm in the fortunate position of running two work vehicles, so always have a backup, but neither is capable of doing everything the other does.

Jesus, I don't know what to do. Why can't Ford just stick the 6.6l Duramax into the Ranger? I'd have that in a heartbeat! 

Be weird if Ford put a general motors engine into their trucks no? 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Big J said:

It's a fair point. I'm open to suggestions, but the only thing that is fairly well resolved in my head is that the Sprinter isn't suitable for my daily needs anymore. I thought when we moved down here that I'd use my forestry contacts in southern Scotland to work there, so the Sprinter was going to be a mobile live/work van. I'm not heading far from home now and it's not ideal for the lanes.

I've always hankered after a V10 Touareg, but they are very expensive when they go wrong.

If you’ve always hankered after a v10 just get one, scratch the itch man! If it goes wrong so what, fix it or get rid of it..neither are the end of your world.

• Like 1

Have you considered getting a personal vehicle and just claiming of the company 45p a mile for business miles. I have very different needs but I got bored of driving vans and wanted something with decent mpg and the ability to ferry the kids around. 

Edited by benedmonds
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, LeeGray said:

If you’ve always hankered after a v10 just get one, scratch the itch man! If it goes wrong so what, fix it or get rid of it..neither are the end of your world.

My mates got one and running light its a flying machine but my empty IW trailer really knocks the wind out of its sails, that POS delicious of mine pulls it better at lower rpm. Like all this fly by wire shit you hit the throttle, that sends a signal off to the ECU demanding a team of horses which are overridden by exhaust sniffers who send in the pony.Keep it all stirred up and its good but imho that all a bit fussy for a tow barge.

Bob

image.jpg2_zps5usloayq.jpg

image.jpg1_zpsz0t81hhc.jpg

Edited by aspenarb
  • Like 1

Well I'm really glad I read this thread, while I'm thinking about changing trucks.?? Or not. maybe a sprinter van. Or a cabstar tipper. but I'm a bit tall.  Maybe a v10 toerag. Maybe a get rid of everything I've got and get a D4 commercial. Or a pair of td5 discos. Another 3.0trooper. Or a pair????

Sod it, new (used) tractor it is.??

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

23 minutes ago, william127 said:

Well I'm really glad I read this thread, while I'm thinking about changing trucks.?? Or not. maybe a sprinter van. Or a cabstar tipper. but I'm a bit tall.  Maybe a v10 toerag. Maybe a get rid of everything I've got and get a D4 commercial. Or a pair of td5 discos. Another 3.0trooper. Or a pair????

Sod it, new (used) tractor it is.??

Consider skateboard/tank/balloon don’t just stick to the conventional ?