Sangyong pick up truck

Steve Bullman

Surprised to see Amarok's mentioned for towing. Never been in one but they rarely have hitches fitted around these parts and I thought they had no low range? You need to be able to go slow backing trailers in tight spots IME. Plenty of tight spots around here

Don't post much but this thread popped up...

I'm a big amarok fan...had them for the last 7 years...and that's just the 2.0L version.

Stick a set of All Terrains on them and they go pretty much anywhere...we've done loads of greenlanes in the lakes...much to the surprise of the resident Landrover mob!

Good residuals...car like comfort ..massive rear tray...and the V6 goes like stonk.

What's not to like...apart from not the cheapest..but we all buy Stihl or husky don't we...???

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Woodworks said:

Surprised to see Amarok's mentioned for towing. Never been in one but they rarely have hitches fitted around these parts and I thought they had no low range? You need to be able to go slow backing trailers in tight spots IME. Plenty of tight spots around here

Tows great...had some "optimistic" loads on mine...shrugs it off. Don't worry about low...the auto is genuinely great..

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Woodworks said:

The 258ps V6 is an 8sp auto, so no need for low range (I have read)

1 minute ago, aspenarb said:

Stop fucking around J and get this thing bought, 300bhp and 520lbs/ft torque :thumbup1:

WWW.EBAY.CO.UK

Click here to read more on this Stunning GMC Pickup.

s-l1600.jpg

That's a shit load of money for a truck of that age! It's probably bigger than my Sprinter too!

Just now, Matthew Storrs said:

J- would a Discovery 3/4 Commercial not fit the bill? I think you can put commercials through for tax.. good for towing- headroom etc?

As much as they appeal, my brain tells me never to touch a Landrover again. I got stranded on the M6 between Christmas and New Year 2016 with my toddler and pregnant wife in a Disco 4. Not a sensible choice, even if they are super comfortable.

8 minutes ago, aspenarb said:

Stop fucking around J and get this thing bought, 300bhp and 520lbs/ft torque :thumbup1:

WWW.EBAY.CO.UK

Click here to read more on this Stunning GMC Pickup.

s-l1600.jpg

40,000 miles, it’s not even run in yet! Hell of a motor

• Like 1