Ranger 4x4 and rdw light problem

Danavan

So the bulbs where missing in the dash, replaced them recently and the reason for them missing seems to be that the previous owner was fed up with them being on all the time.

The 4wd works fine but the rdw is permanently engaged which in itself is not an issue in 2wd. Trawling the net their seems not to be much on this. Tried the conections on the gear box and that all works ok.

Anyone had similar issues?

Thanks for any light shed on this.

So the bulbs where missing in the dash, replaced them recently and the reason for them missing seems to be that the previous owner was fed up with them being on all the time.

The 4wd works fine but the rdw is permanently engaged which in itself is not an issue in 2wd. Trawling the net their seems not to be much on this. Tried the conections on the gear box and that all works ok.

Anyone had similar issues?

Thanks for any light shed on this.

has it ever had the box removed, or rebuild or clutch rep ?

Yes rfw switch. The vacuum still works but locks on straight away when I put it into 4wd and stays in. Switch problem maybe @muttley9050

Yes it has had the clutch replaced at some point @buster gasket. Looked and changed swapped the sensors about but still no joy.

Maybe I will just take the bulbs out again.

Cheers for the replys fellas

Yes rfw switch. The vacuum still works but locks on straight away when I put it into 4wd and stays in. Switch problem maybe @muttley9050

Yes it has had the clutch replaced at some point @buster gasket. Looked and changed swapped the sensors about but still no joy.

Maybe I will just take the bulbs out again.

Cheers for the replys fellas

Ok, you know the two sensors on the box, when u take them out there is a little tiny steel bullet, check that it's still in there, you may need a magnet to get it out, without this in there the sensor is in fresh air, rfw illuminates and the system does not electrically work as it should, i have seen this a few times, it's easy to do, let me know how u get on