SRT devices.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rw is not CE and clearly states that it should never be used as a life support. As for the other bits out their I guess that some are covered by ANSI which I think leads to this whole thing. Ok for our friends across the pond but not good enough for some the other side of it.

I'm all for safe devices being used in our profession. Just can't get my head around the ok for you but not for them guff...

Not that I would pay much attention to it tbh. I feel quite alright climbing on my Rw with a knot I have tied and dressed. Not so sure about some other devices but that's my choice and another discussion..

From ISC.

Some people here need to take note of the second paragraph.

Just saying.

Rope Wrench in Germany-We are liaising with German Authorities over some of their claims and we hope to have a CE Marked Rope Wrench to introduce to the market within the next two weeks.

CE Marking, in itself, does not infer that the product is safe or is not safe. The Rope Wrench System has been proven fit for purpose and its approval (in 2014) for use in ISA Competition, confirms that.

Will the ban in Germany give dmm/treemagineers/petzl a chance to catch up and release a srt device?? Who knows

It's pretty convenient that the treemagineers have the CE climb system which technically is the only system people can use since the ban.

Their sales must have plummeted since the srt revolution...

Will the ban in Germany give dmm/treemagineers/petzl a chance to catch up and release a srt device?? Who knows

It's pretty convenient that the treemagineers have the CE climb system which technically is the only system people can use since the ban.

Their sales must have plummeted since the srt revolution...

There is nothing convenient about it, it is what it is. And along with the CE climb there are the various ART products and the Petzl ZigZag.

It's important to note that the CE climb is important it has proven that a friction hitch and pulley combo used together forms a complete system, I don't think anyone is forced to use an off the shelf CE climb we can still configure our own and confidently say the system has been proven fit for purpose and refer them to the CE climb so big thanks to those guys for doing that.

There is nothing convenient about it, it is what it is. And along with the CE climb there are the various ART products and the Petzl ZigZag.

It's important to note that the CE climb is important it has proven that a friction hitch and pulley combo used together forms a complete system, I don't think anyone is forced to use an off the shelf CE climb we can still configure our own and confidently say the system has been proven fit for purpose and refer them to the CE climb so big thanks to those guys for doing that.

I think they are forced in Germany, I've also been told by a lad from the Bedfordshire amey depot they where not allowed to climb on any non CE marked gear so no making your own fishermans eye to eye Prussiks.

of course we will never really know what influence people really have

The CE climb system doesnt mean that any similar system that you put together is fit for purpose, only that youve tried to copy something that is CE marked. kinda like the cheap chinese copies of CE marked rigging equipment, it doesnt mean they are fit for purpose.

The ban should enforce the use of the CE climb or any of the ART/ Petzl CE marked tools to carry any credability IMO

sad times imo

Don't burst my bubble John:biggrin: as far as I am concerned a precedent has been set vindicating a knot set up as fit for purpose which is my understanding of the CE climb, you have to remember those guys like Beddes and Mark Bridge were climbing on Hitches for years and probably still do i doubt any of them ever set out with the intention of forcing people to use their CE Climb/lanyard.