Weight loss

Stefan Palokangas

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my missus decided to get her health in order and asked if I was prepared to change our diet. I didn't think I needed a change of diet having a physically demanding job and being in good shape. I may not have been over weight but that doesn't make you healthy, we have the Jo Wicks book out regularly, full of healthy tasty dinner ideas, I also bought "500 soup recipes" great for making in batches then taking a flask to work each day for lunch. Also got a nutri bullet which is great for filling you up with healthy drinks rather than snacks. We don't follow any one diet/health regime as you can become sick of them when forced to follow a rigid plan, instead we just float between them. Last night we had an indian for dinner (one portion of chicken balti with rice and a naan bread between us), this morning poached eggs on spinach and wholemeal bread with a fruit smoothie, forget counting calories, what the scales say, or the measuring tape, if your healthy you'll feel healthy.

I know its like talking to a brick wall, but I've said it a million times... eat what the hell you fancy eating, just eat less of it....

If needs be, get a smaller dinner plate so you can't fill it up to overflowing...

Ever wondered why a snack ruins an appetite?.. because it takes twenty minutes for the brain to register the amount of food consumed... after a snack your brain tells you your good...

Or hows about always makin a habit of leaving some of your food for later... you might find later on you don't fancy it...

I suspect the key to dieting is little an often...for the most part..

Oh one more thing, you have to have one decent meal a day... US army psychologists have spent millions looking into a healthy diet for their troops.. they found out people need to feed the eyes as well as the stomach, you need to have one good meal a day..

They found if the main meal equates to a breakfast cereal bowl full of victuals it feeds the eyes and as well as the stomach.. notice how similar in size bowls have been through-out history...

Without that one main bowl full a day, they found it led to psychological impairment..

Wife's done / tried everything out there, until recently......

She's got Crohns and Ankylosing Spondylitis...

So the exercise side of things is basically a no no. Pain isn't the word, even for when doing normal day to day stuff.

She's on all kinds of medication / steroids for her Crohns and AS, and so has gained a little weight.

She's tried every diet thing going, and not one has worked - until now....

It's something called the 'Terri Ann 123' diet...

On reading her books, I don't think it's a diet, more like an eating plan...

No more weighing / measuring like in many other diets.

Just change 'what' you eat. Cut out the carbs, sugars and any processed stuff etc, and eat more meats* and greens...

*It does not limit you either to only 'white' chicken meat, or fish. You can have loads of red meat too. :thumbup1:

A strict diet is only good for getting fit for holiday or similar in my opinion. I'm changing eating habits to feel healthy so I can work hard. It sneaked up on me and I realised I was of no use when seeing tree surgeons out work me and I was out of breath. But a new bright future full of potential slowly but surely emerging in to view.

Sent from my iPad using Arbtalk

Wife's done / tried everything out there, until recently......

She's got Crohns and Ankylosing Spondylitis...

So the exercise side of things is basically a no no. Pain isn't the word, even for when doing normal day to day stuff.

She's on all kinds of medication / steroids for her Crohns and AS, and so has gained a little weight.

She's tried every diet thing going, and not one has worked - until now....

It's something called the 'Terri Ann 123' diet...

On reading her books, I don't think it's a diet, more like an eating plan...

No more weighing / measuring like in many other diets.

Just change 'what' you eat. Cut out the carbs, sugars and any processed stuff etc, and eat more meats* and greens...

*It does not limit you either to only 'white' chicken meat, or fish. You can have loads of red meat too. :thumbup1:

A good friend of mine has AS. She can't eat anything red. Red meat, red tomatoes ds even red wine makes her condition deteriorate.

Have you tried CBD or THC oil to help with the Crohns and AS?

Stefan,

Best of luck with your lifestyle change. It takes commitment but you are certainly a determined man. I expect to see you shredded and svelt at an arb show this year. Keep up the good work soldier.