Security measures thread

Starscream

I got done last week , 16 machines , brought me to a stop now got plenty of time to weld extra locks , wire up lights etc , they will probably wait for me to re stock then return and do a lot of damage even if they don't succeed . HERE IS AN IMPORTANT PART OF THE EQUATION ; somebody buys this equipment do you all ask questions or are you keen to get a " bargain " . No offence ment but it is obvious , supply and demand .

Yes, and a lot of this equipment is never stolen, it's sold on then reported stolen for insurance claims.

A bloke local to me got "done" for handling stolen goods a while back..... Turned out he had bought the equipment from the lad who owned it. When it went to court the truth was out.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got done last week , 16 machines , brought me to a stop now got plenty of time to weld extra locks , wire up lights etc , they will probably wait for me to re stock then return and do a lot of damage even if they don't succeed . HERE IS AN IMPORTANT PART OF THE EQUATION ; somebody buys this equipment do you all ask questions or are you keen to get a " bargain " . No offence ment but it is obvious , supply and demand .

That is exactly it. I used to buy second hand tools- when I was starting out as their was no other way. You can never be 100% about a tools history unless it new. Would only buy new now. Hate to think I am funding the theft

Sent from my SM-G900F using Arbtalk mobile app

Yeah I want to be alerted straight away so I can get up there and get my arse handed me

That is exactly it. I used to buy second hand tools- when I was starting out as their was no other way. You can never be 100% about a tools history unless it new. Would only buy new now. Hate to think I am funding the theft

Your right, you can never be sure of a saws past. Even "new"saws can be stolen from stock.

After having my garage broken into last night, i'm increasing security.

I'm also thinking of fitting one of those garage defenders. Does anyone know if these are any good or sure I go for a raising bollard?

Sent from my iPad using Arbtalk

Go for 2 or 3 as a mate has had his Garrage door bent at the corner to open a small gap!

After having my garage broken into last night, i'm increasing security.

I'm also thinking of fitting one of those garage defenders. Does anyone know if these are any good or sure I go for a raising bollard?

Sent from my iPad using Arbtalk

I've got both of these on my garage door. No way I can see of opening the door from the outside without a lot of noise and effort.

1486157513340.jpg.611d58d73e2d7e2fd7621925d7fb6c93.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F using Arbtalk mobile app

1486157504446.jpg.dc66c0d3d17ad3f4020a4f59cc5a34f3.jpg

We were hit again 2 weeks ago same as the last 2 times over the past 4 years saws only ignoring everything else (climbing kits, rigging kits GRCS and lots of other specialty kit) they even gave up on the hedgecutters and blowers leaving them, only on one other occasion did they bother to take those, it seems saws are what they want.

I hear of lots of other around us who also get broken into in the same fashion taking saws only.

That's over 40 Stihl power tools in 4 years, can't help but think it's the same people.

This makes it seriös organised crime yet the police do nothing.

Sad to say this time we didn't even bother calling them just went and bought new saws as all of ours were 3 years old and pretty abused anyway.

It's not a good way to look at it but we are just tired of the lack lustre response.

And sorry Steve it seems logging our serial numbers means nothing as it's very rare they are returned.

I've got both of these on my garage door. No way I can see of opening the door from the outside without a lot of noise and effort.

[ATTACH]216592[/ATTACH][ATTACH]216593[/ATTACH]

Sent from my SM-G930F using Arbtalk mobile app

I'm sorry but in that top pick an 8 ft steal bar would pop that with little effort or noise you can get a lot of power on a bar with a strong bloke and that's just the right height you woul need bolts on the inside two ft from the bottom to make that effective.