Thanks to Brexit :)

matelot

Me thinks your wasting your time mate.

Its well known to all the brexiters that anyone who is pro EU is a whinging leftie who cuddles immigrants,kisses Jeremy Corbins arse and smells of wee.

Dont let facts get in the way of a good arguement now...:001_tongue:

Or, in the words of Tom Paine:

Arguing with those that have renounced the use of reason, is like administering medicine to the deceased.

Edited by Daniël Bos

The fact remains that we were assured by all the Bremain experts that a brexit vote would lead to IMMEDIATE economic disaster. It's not happened... No wonder we don't listen to "experts".

I predict when we do leave the EU it will get even better when we kick out all the unskilled EU migrants sucking the UK taxpayer dry.

oops tis our own bloodsucking parasitic underclasses and their middle class /MP class/liberal elite apologists & facilitators that we need to purge.

cheers

marcus

oops tis our own bloodsucking parasitic underclasses and their middle class /MP class/liberal elite apologists & facilitators that we need to purge.

cheers

marcus

Yeah, we do have a lot of our own underclass... It's not a reason to allow Europes underclass into Britain though.

I think most villages/ towns/ cities have East European "Big Issue" sellers. They only come here because they get benefits. It would save millions if we kicked them out.

Or: it would create a massive labour shortage.

Immigrants fill nearly a fifth of the UK's unskilled labour jobs.

If there were natives willing to do the same job for the same money, they'd be welcome.

"kicking out unskilled immigrants" would create big issues in food production, healthcare and hospitality to name a few.

The only way to increase the appeal for UK born unskilled labour would be a massive increase in wages, which would impact on the cost of living in a significant way.

Yeah, we do have a lot of our own underclass... It's not a reason to allow Europes underclass into Britain though.

I think most villages/ towns/ cities have East European "Big Issue" sellers. They only come here because they get benefits. It would save millions if we kicked them out.

I worked in hotels for a long time (12 years) as a chef.

Most of the low paid jobs such as housekeeping,kitchen porter and bar staff were made up of 90 % immigrants the other 10% was teenagers who lasted a week and got bored of the menial tasks and crap wages.

My point is not all immigrants are workshy,benefit chasing wasters like some would like us to believe.

My sister works in the NHS where there is a high population of foreign born staff,again doing a difficult job for low pay.

When we leave the EU will these jobs be filled by our own nationals....i really doubt it-what brit wants to clean crap to earn crap wages

Or: (1) it would create a massive labour shortage.

Immigrants fill nearly a fifth of the UK's unskilled labour jobs.

If there were natives willing to do the same job for the same money, they'd be welcome.

"kicking out unskilled immigrants" (2) would create big issues in food production, healthcare and hospitality to name a few.

(3) The only way to increase the appeal for UK born unskilled labour would be a massive increase in wages, which would impact on the cost of living in a significant way.

(1) whooooaaa.... Look out, the skies going to fall in.... Er, no it's not, there is a readily available untapped source of indigenous labour - 4.8% according to the ONS. https://www.ons.gov.uk/employmentandlabourmarket/peoplenotinwork/unemployment

(2) See above.

(3) Not the only way, just 1 option. The obvious 'other' is to make not working less attractive.

I worked in hotels for a long time (12 years) as a chef.

Most of the low paid jobs such as housekeeping,kitchen porter and bar staff were made up of 90 % immigrants the other 10% was teenagers who lasted a week and got bored of the menial tasks and crap wages.

My point is not all immigrants are workshy,benefit chasing wasters like some would like us to believe.

My sister works in the NHS where there is a high population of foreign born staff,again doing a difficult job for low pay.

When we leave the EU will these jobs be filled by our own nationals....i really doubt it-what brit wants to clean crap to earn crap wages

Agreed! There are more hard working immigrants than there are non-working immigrants. You've got to take your hat off to those that do come to work... They are doing right by their families and paying their way - it's a national disgrace that 4.8% of UK population don't have the same attitude.

I have no direct problem with foreign born folk working in the UK, but many of our lazy home grown layabouts use this as an excuse not to work, if we had less foreign nationals propping up our industry, the government would be able to say to our layabouts "there's a job for you now, take it or lose your benefits"

(1) whooooaaa.... Look out, the skies going to fall in.... Er, no it's not, there is a readily available untapped source of indigenous labour - 4.8% according to the ONS. https://www.ons.gov.uk/employmentandlabourmarket/peoplenotinwork/unemployment

(2) See above.

(3) Not the only way, just 1 option. The obvious 'other' is to make not working less attractive.

Agreed! There are more hard working immigrants than there are non-working immigrants. You've got to take your hat off to those that do come to work... They are doing right by their families and paying their way - it's a national disgrace that 4.8% of UK population don't have the same attitude.

So those 4.8% are going to fill in the jobs vacated by foreign workers?

There's simply not enough of them!

That is, if those 4.8% would be willing, or could be forced to take these jobs in the first place, not something that seems very likely.

Anyway, these are all speculation. How things will actually work (or not work) is dependent on so many variables (a lot of which haven't been decided) that we're all just shooting in the dark.

I have no direct problem with foreign born folk working in the UK, but many of our lazy home grown layabouts use this as an excuse not to work, if we had less foreign nationals propping up our industry, the government would be able to say to our layabouts "there's a job for you now, take it or lose your benefits"

They could say that now...?