Thanks to Brexit :)

matelot

Okay I'll bite.. We know a polish couple living near us, she has a baby and has a flat on the social, he is officially unemployed but works in the building trade for cash. They are sending their money home as they are building a small hotel on a plot of land they own in their home country. You can't blame the people for exploiting the status quo, just blame the system!

Just remember that we should be thankful that people like that come to Britain as "they pay tax".

Their argument is flawed.... If someone repeats an argument that is wrong is it not a bit stupid?

Someone on minimum wage pays very little in tax. The argument that we need low skilled migrants because "they pay tax" is quite frankly a moronic argument...

So British workers should lose their jobs and British people should give up their council houses etc because we should let poor migrants into the country? Well it's good that's been cleared up. I guess we should let the entire third world into Britain then.

Why would anyone lose theyre council house or employment?

How do you know that would happen or it this just more rhetoric?

You've consistantly made extravagant or outlandish statements on this thread but ive yet too see you back it up with any kind of literature that confirms your claims

Here are some facts for your perusal..

30% of doctors are non nationals,infact the english health service have 235 000 workers who hail from abroad thats 19% of the entire english national health service staff.

Our universities receive 5 billion a year from non national students.

10 % of construction workers hail from abroad

Did you know that statistically non nationals in the UK are more likely to be in employment than british citizens refuting the notion that immigrants dont contribute to the UK economy.

These are the facts.

What do immigrants do for the UK economy? Nine charts Conservative ministers seem to be ignoring | The Independent

Here are some facts for your perusal..

30% of doctors are non nationals,infact the english health service have 235 000 workers who hail from abroad thats 19% of the entire english national health service staff.

Our universities receive 5 billion a year from non national students.

10 % of construction workers hail from abroad

Did you know that statistically non nationals in the UK are more likely to be in employment than british citizens refuting the notion that immigrants dont contribute to the UK economy.

These are the facts.

What do immigrants do for the UK economy? Nine charts Conservative ministers seem to be ignoring | The Independent

Facts!! What are these things you speak of?

Your facts or my facts?

Did you get your "facts" from the internet? If so, who wrote them? How can you be certain they are facts at all? Your facts say my facts are wrong! But that's ok, because my facts say your facts are wrong!

The fact is, nobody knows all the facts, therefore we will continue on our swings and roundabouts and we will never be sure of the "facts".

Fact?

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

Why would anyone lose theyre council house or employment?

How do you know that would happen or it this just more rhetoric?

You've consistantly made extravagant or outlandish statements on this thread but ive yet too see you back it up with any kind of literature that confirms your claims

So we have millions of migrants come to the UK, and you think that has no impact on the availability of council housing or employment for British people?

Your argument is the one that is "outlandish".

You seem to have swallowed the lies from the Bremain side hook line and sinker.

Tell you what, if migrants are so good for Britain should we not be charitable and send them elsewhere? There are many poor countries in the world that surely need those "tax paying" migrants more than us?

I agree that the numbers coming in is putting pressure on housing, schools and the NHS but their contributions to the tax revenue pays for any medical care and NHS and schooling.

They are not all scrounging theives as you like to think, but are hard working individuals who have come here to work and make a decent life for themselves. Part of the reason for Britains success over the recent years is because of immigrant labour.

Looks like you are one of those who have been conned by brexiteers.

So we have millions of migrants come to the UK, and you think that has no impact on the availability of council housing or employment for British people?

Your argument is the one that is "outlandish".

You seem to have swallowed the lies from the Bremain side hook line and sinker.

Tell you what, if migrants are so good for Britain should we not be charitable and send them elsewhere? There are many poor countries in the world that surely need those "tax paying" migrants more than us?

You have swallowed the bile spewed by the leave campaign blaming all our woes on immigration,indeed if that were to be believed we would simpley close our borders,eject all johnny foreigners and hey ho britain would be great again.

I at least have come to my own conclusions and beliefs by researching the data produced by studies, not listening to bufoons like nigel farrage and boris johnston who have time and time again been caught out peddling there lies and inaccuracies to hoodwink the british public and further there right wing agenda.

I begrudgingly admire the gusto with which you argue your case but in time you and many others will realise your wrong beleiving brexit is a positive step for our country.

Facts!! What are these things you speak of?

Your facts or my facts?

Did you get your "facts" from the internet? If so, who wrote them? How can you be certain they are facts at all? Your facts say my facts are wrong! But that's ok, because my facts say your facts are wrong!

The fact is, nobody knows all the facts, therefore we will continue on our swings and roundabouts and we will never be sure of the "facts".

Fact?

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

Well done Mull, if you read a paper you are misinformed and if you dont you are uninformed. Far better to form your own opinions based on research and facts.

Bob

Edited by aspenarb