Laptops

dent

Personally, unless you need it to be portable I would always go for a desktop over a laptop. Far more bang for your buck, and much more comfortable to use for an extended period of office tasks - proper mouse and full keyboard, larger screen etc.

Plus there's the psychological thing of sitting on the computer to do work, do the work, walk away from the computer!

I have a Lenovo desktop, the sort with all the gubbins in the screen. Cost me about £300 or so, here's a link to a similar one. It's not going to set the world on fire, but it's perfect for what I need it for (Office, email, internet)

LENOVO C20 19.5" All-in-One PC Deals | PC World

I also have an Asus laptop, for when I need to use it out and about. It's OK, but I'd always choose to use the desktop for any real amount of work. Cost about £200, again here's a link to a similar machine.

ASUS E200HA 11.6" Laptop - Gold Deals | PC World

Personally, I'd stay away from any tablet with a keyboard attached, for any amount of work at all they're horrible! Leaning over it with bad posture, struggling to read the screen or to type properly on the tiny keyboard...

Hope this helps!

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Best laptop is my current one - Apple MacBook Pro, bought on the Apple refurb portal top of range with upgrades, 3 yr warranty all for £1600 - power of a top spec desktop, large retina screen, portable.

Thanks for the advice, I think I'll go and buy a £1600 laptop to fill in online forms.

Thanks

So is it like android for computers

Does it still require office or is it a different programe

A bit I suppose.

Most chromebooks are so cheap an fast because they don't need run a heavy operating system as their main tasks are Web based.

They tend to have small solid state (means no spinny thing, makes it faster and more robust) harddrives, if you need more storage you can add a memory card (200gb is easily available, cheap, near indestructible and only the size of a stamp)

You can use office like products.

Also, depending on which one you buy it can be possible to use android apps on a chromebook, opening a huge array of usefulness.

Sent from my E5823 using Arbtalk mobile app