Laptops

dent

My girlfriend has decided we need a laptop

We currently have a smartphone each and she has an ipad but she wants something to fill in the online forms for her work shes a primary school teacher and everything is done through a website

This will be pretty much all its used for and maybe word sometimes for work

I was wondering if anyone here could offer any advice on machines or places to look i dont know if to just go to pc world or whether there is better options

Also this is a want rather than need so price is the biggest factor preferably the cheapest that will do the job

Thanks in advance

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My girlfriend has decided we need a laptop

We currently have a smartphone each and she has an ipad but she wants something to fill in the online forms for her work shes a primary school teacher and everything is done through a website

This will be pretty much all its used for and maybe word sometimes for work

I was wondering if anyone here could offer any advice on machines or places to look i dont know if to just go to pc world or whether there is better options

Also this is a want rather than need so price is the biggest factor preferably the cheapest that will do the job

Thanks in advance

If this is seriously all she needs it for and as long as the "word" documents are straightforward I would recommend a barebones one and load it with Linux Mint with Firefox and Libre Office which are free to download..

Yeah i cant see anything more happenining we dont have a phone line so internet is restricted to 3g so expensive to do much on

We dont stream films or tv or anything and i have no use for a computer so its just her work stuff which is all online so will have a look at the suggestions

A wireless keyboard added to a tablet could be an interim step, makes entering data a lot easier since it is a real keyboard and you don't have a virtual keyboard clogging up half the screen. You get to see more of the web page and less scrolling around. I am am typing this on just such a setup :) Office type apps also available for tablets including Word and Excel (but with less functionality than their PC counterparts).

I'm useless on computers, however when i started college last year i needed a basic laptop to see me through 5 years of college. I bought a hewlet parkard from argos for about £350 i think. I went to argos as they had one in at a higher spec but the same price as pc world / currys. I also bought my daughter a cheap one from tescos and not had an ounce of trouble from that one either.