Cut and climb jacket opinions

Sawted

Hi all bought a cut and climb at Arb show in September worn it last two days in the rain but it doesn't seem to be waterproof as when I took it off I was wet underneath anyone else had same or similar problem? Don't know weather to contact Sorbus where I got it from and see if they will sort it?

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I found my Cut N Climb to loose its waterproofing earlier than I expected.

I have since tried other 'better' jackets and found them to be much worse all round.

I have come to the conclusion that no jacket on earth will perform as we want it to because of the conditions we work in. i.e.: dirty, fine mist of oil in the air, profuse sweating, inside of jacket being rubbed against a filthy fleece or sweatshirt.

I've found the Clarks Forestry Cut n Climb to be the most comfortable and therefore best value for money. Clarks also provide fantastic after sales service.

As said above there are no totally waterproof jackets unless you get grunden oilskins which would not be practicle.

Ive never worn cut and climb as i wouldnt pay the inflated price but i would say ive had a stihl raintec jacket for couple of seasons and its heavy scottish rain proof with zips and vents under the arms to help ventilation.You will still sweat wearing any kind of waterproof,its the nature of our job im afraid.

I have a cut and drown jacket. Has always leaked around the shoulders- waste of money imo. I know some others have had good experiences. Going back to the horrendous desert camo jacket. I don't think it looks in the least bit professional but by God does e keep you dry!!!!! Hood big enough to go over helmet as well. If only I could get one in a more desirable colour and a slightly more tailored fit

Sent from my SM-G900F using Arbtalk mobile app

I think Andy (Treequip) summed it up last year.

If you're working you're sweating (or you should be).

If it's pissing down and you're working you will get wet, from the inside or the out.

Waterproof and breathable is great, but nothing can do it at the same time.

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

I think Andy (Treequip) summed it up last year.

If you're working you're sweating (or you should be).

If it's pissing down and you're working you will get wet, from the inside or the out.

Waterproof and breathable is great, but nothing can do it at the same time.

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

I dunno Mark some of my ridiculously overpriced technical gear has kept me dry in horizontal rain whilst beasting myself in up hills. I was fit so did t sweat profusely.

Those jackets eventually got relegated to tree work in time and no matter what washing regime and retreatment they were about as good as anything else

For me the cheap Berghaus from go outdoors or even waterproofs from quecha from decathlon are just as good as in this job as any top of the line event or for-tex shell